• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    RE; service magic and Angies list with anyone needing work done, well we have a thread here on INGO for just that https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...u-hire-post-your-expertise-services-here.html
    If you're in need of help and don't want to search, then post up here https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/87287-help-wanted-need-work-done-post-here.html

Angies seemed ok in the beginning, in terms of rating providers and finding help. Now they're a glorified yellow pages, offering top rankings to the highest bidder, and takig it one step further by offering to act as a one stop middleman to solve your problem... It's costing their advertisers... which costs the consumers.

I don't care what their share price is anymore than I care what yellowbook's share price is.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    maybe I should represent myself in future legal matter. it's my ass on the line, a lawyer won't care more than I do.

YES! I'll proudly show off my DIY home projects and would dearly love to watch someone show off their pro se skills.

I have my limitations, no doubt. Next time my roof needs to be replaced, I'll hire someone. When I need carpet laid, I couldn't do it better, so I hire someone. I'm sure there's other jobs out there too. Remodeling my kitchen, rebuilding casement windows, laying a wood floor, running the plumbing and electrical to move my laundry room....I've done that myself. In the age of Youtube, "don't know how" isn't a good excuse. "No time"? well, I understand that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Did you look at the investor relations documents? It can be summed up as "Angie's List has excellent brand awareness and a decent size list of customers and providers...we've made more money and have a more successful sell through rate on a lesser known brand and know how to monetize content."

It's probably good for Angie's List. I've pointed out in several of these threads that there business model is tough to sustain when your competitors offer it for free. Especially with the generation that grew up on Facebook and expects information to be free now becoming homeowners, I think IAC is going to do a better job making money off Angie's assets.

On a side note, I didn't know they ran Match.com and several other dating/hookup sites.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Did you look at the investor relations documents? It can be summed up as "Angie's List has excellent brand awareness and a decent size list of customers and providers...we've made more money and have a more successful sell through rate on a lesser known brand and know how to monetize content."

It's probably good for Angie's List. I've pointed out in several of these threads that there business model is tough to sustain when your competitors offer it for free. Especially with the generation that grew up on Facebook and expects information to be free now becoming homeowners, I think IAC is going to do a better job making money off Angie's assets.

On a side note, I didn't know they ran Match.com and several other dating/hookup sites.

Angier list stopped charging membership fees a while back..it's free now.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Maybe a little too late to that ball-game? If you show up when the game is already over it doesn't do much good.

Case-in-point, I looked into Angie's list about 5 years ago and decided for the cost and the area I live I would be much better served in other ways. I never considered Angie's list again, I never knew the service became free, and frankly, I didn't care. If a large portion of their potential customer base was like me, they missed the boat by waiting too long to offer their services for "free". I put free in quotes because nothing is truly free, they just pay the bills a different way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I haven't followed them that closely as I thought they were a bad investment, but it was inevitable to do so. The question then becomes do you have the right people and ideas to pivot to this new business model after the one you founded your company on goes the way of physical film cameras. You can see it coming, you can even try to adapt, but it's not always successful. IAC is apparently pretty danged good at monetizing free members, so that's a win for AL as they now have the people who know that business.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Did you look at the investor relations documents? It can be summed up as "Angie's List has excellent brand awareness and a decent size list of customers and providers...we've made more money and have a more successful sell through rate on a lesser known brand and know how to monetize content."...

So they get the name and the contacts....how long until the local jobs walk away.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I interviewed for a big position at Angie's List before I moved to Indy for my current job. At a 1,000ft level, it looked like a fantastic place to work. The corporate campus was very nice, lots of perks, etc. Someone decided they didn't need to fill the position (after an offer was made of course) after it went through all of the channels. Couldn't have been better timing. Found my current job (at another software based company) shortly there after.

Top Bottom