• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And to think our city was ready to give them corporate welfare for a bit?

It was a nice idea... too bad they got greedy and started doing things to poison their "unbiased" ratings by allowing paying contractors to tweak their results.

They came out when I was an independent contractor. I wondered how in the world I could get on their list to help my business. The fact there was no apparent way for me to make it into their database organically was a red flag. In hindsight, it all makes sense now...

Good riddance.

ETA: So what is Home Advisor's business model? How do they make $$ independent of the contractors so they arent biased? Color me skeptical.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    After I started my lawn business some friends put me on Angie's List, but put my personal phone number and not my business number. It was the only place that number was ever listed with the business. My son now has that number and was getting calls from "Google" wanting me to update my info. I told them to put me on the do not call list. The calls keep coming so I started messing with them. I got to thinking about how they could have gotten that number. I called Angie's List and told them to remove it, again, I had told them to remove it before. I also told them that they are the only place that number has ever been listed with the business, so they or a customer sold, traded, leased or shared the number. They said they don't do that. After that 1 call to them, "google" stopped calling the number and has not called the correct number.

So if they close down, I might feel bad for the workers.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    For deliberately jabbing their thumb in the eye to about 50% of the public, they deserve nothing less than an ignominious demise.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    After I started my lawn business some friends put me on Angie's List, but put my personal phone number and not my business number. It was the only place that number was ever listed with the business. My son now has that number and was getting calls from "Google" wanting me to update my info. I told them to put me on the do not call list. The calls keep coming so I started messing with them. I got to thinking about how they could have gotten that number. I called Angie's List and told them to remove it, again, I had told them to remove it before. I also told them that they are the only place that number has ever been listed with the business, so they or a customer sold, traded, leased or shared the number. They said they don't do that. After that 1 call to them, "google" stopped calling the number and has not called the correct number.

So if they close down, I might feel bad for the workers.

Your customer is probably who put you on the list with that number. You can update your contact and company info for free on the website.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Your customer is probably who put you on the list with that number. You can update your contact and company info for free on the website.

If you are talking about AL: It was the customer, I had them remove it before, online and on the phone.....they left it on there anyway.

If you are talking about Google: I don't think it was really Google calling.

Last edited:

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Why are so many excited to see angies list fail and have the employees lose their jobs?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Why are so many excited to see angies list fail and have the employees lose their jobs?

Because the company chose to play stupid political games that intentionally harmed my state. They very publicly offered $50,000 relo packages to move their special-snowflake employees out of the allegedly hate-filled Indiana (because of it's federal-law-consistent RFRA), into any other state - including the other 29 or so that have the same RFRA laws. The move was hypocritical, politically expedient, and harmful to my state. Screw Angie's List.

Top Bottom