• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Mine went together just fine. Everything was tight and in spec and mates to the upper very tightly.

sdnzpi.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Agreed. Anderson, BCM, and Palmetto all have their uppers contracted to Anchor Harvey Aluminum. There is no quality difference and as far as uppers are concerned, not even a roll mark difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the lowers for those 3 companies are also manufactured by the same company.

The uppers from Anderson I've seen have came from Cerro, same with their lowers.

Anderson makes receivers for other companies, but they stand by their word when they say they don't make receivers for PSA

13r14n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Indiana
    - I used Andersen for my stripped lower and upper. $75 for the lower, $55 for the upper. I'm happy with them so why not give them a try.

pshinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Double G Guns in Flat Rock Indiana can get you an Anderson Lower for $74.00 out the door (shameless plug for a great little shop)

Just picked up my Delton LPK $53.50 out the door same shop

+++++++++++++++++++++

13r14n

where did you get the upper for $55???????????

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The uppers from Anderson I've seen have came from Cerro, same with their lowers.

Anderson makes receivers for other companies, but they stand by their word when they say they don't make receivers for PSA

Ok, lowers might be different but my Anderson upper has the same "splintered A" just like my BCM upper and my Palmetto upper.

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I bought one for a build the had the back radius screwed up. It would be that noticable if I had an adjustable stock and oversized pistol grip, but this build has a2 furniture. It is bothering my OCD a little bit

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Ok, lowers might be different but my Anderson upper has the same "splintered A" just like my BCM upper and my Palmetto upper.

How old is your upper? The past 5-6 uppers of theirs I've seen (including 308) have the keyhole

I bought one for a build the had the back radius screwed up. It would be that noticable if I had an adjustable stock and oversized pistol grip, but this build has a2 furniture. It is bothering my OCD a little bit

Call or e-mail Anderson and tell them about it, never know, might just get you a new lower

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    How old is your upper? The past 5-6 uppers of theirs I've seen (including 308) have the keyhole

I got it black Friday 2012 but these may have been manufactured by a different company as my Anderson lower has an integral trigger guard, much like you see on the billet lowers.

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

Pic of my Palmetto upper on my CHF barrel(BAF forge mark). Forgings come from everywhere. It is how they are machined and finished that defines their quality. Just like many lowers are raw forgings, it is how they are machined and finished. Not all AR parts are created equal. YMMV

attachment.php

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I only have their lower parts kit, but all the parts fit perfectly. I would buy a lower from them if it is what you want.
    I made the mistake of buying a more name brand stripped lower for no real good reason. If I buy any more stripped lowers or when I do, I will most likely buy Anderson or what ever is a decent cheap lower.

Top Bottom