• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Negative Ghostrider, you don't... as attributed to you not noticing the lack of correlation between party identification and the small amount of votes it actually translates to. You could really have your eyes opened if you simply chose to look, and inform yourself, rather than post rambling about what you "think," you know.

I am not picking sides but this is true.

I don't know if it translates to "small votes" but it is clearly inaccurate regarding self identification. Overall millennials hate being labeled or categorized. Perhaps we all do. We like to feel special, but the older generations find a comfort in "belonging" while millennials resist these self imposed labels.

However, whether they like it or not, they DO fall into certain categories. According the the PEW research foundation, millennials "...stand out voting heavily democratic and for liberal views..."
    Source: Millennials in Adulthood | Pew Research Center

It is unfortunate that the country has become so polarized. I despise this with a passion. So in that I suppose I am a hypocrite. I have very good friends who are hugely left leaning, very liberal artsy-fartsy types that I consider close friends and others who are acquaintances. On the other hand I have several friends who are diehard conservative republicans and believe we are going to hell in a handbasket - all thanks to the evil dems. I find myself truly enriched and enlightened by all of my friends, colleagues and acquaintances. There is a great strength in diversity. It allows for greater problem solving and gives multiple angles from which to attack problems.

Both parties are ripping themselves apart by factional infighting. If it wasn't Trump it would be someone else. Trump didn't start this - the Tea Party did. The strong desire within the republican party to get back on track and stop compromising has driven the party to an extreme intolerance of anything identified as liberal. The democrats are also having internal fighting that is growing, it is just less mature than the Tea Party. For the democrats the Occupy Wall Street group is damned tired of what it sees as crony capitalism rewarding huge institutions who screw people over and it demands reform. Both core groups are pushing their parties in a direction that the establishment of BOTH parties doesn't want to see!

This will, in my opinion, cause a radical reorganization/realignment of each party. I didn't think the republicans would be torn apart so quickly, but I have been wrong about a lot before so what is one more miscalculation...? The only difference for the democrats is the Occupy movement didn't organize as well, but I am certain it IS coalescing into a movement. The Bernie numbers tell me this.

We demonize way too much! The "other" side is not evil, vile or worthy of hatred. They are not the enemy. The difference between both sides is prioritizing the hierarchy of important issues, not the removal of any of them. It isn't an "either - or" choice in many instances (although it is in a few, but not many). The problem is that it is a helluva lot easier to think of it that way. It is the lazy way out.

Regards,

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I assume you weren't old enough to be dealing with firearms from 1994 to 2004. It might as well of been a total ban.

That's kinda silly and alarmist, because I bought my first 2 handguns and first 2 rifles in that exact time period. It was not a ban, really. Sure, the thumbhole stocks looked goofy, but it wasn't a ban. And, importantly, it expired.

In fact, I think I walked out of the store with one of the handguns because I had the LTCH, before they changed that law.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's kinda silly and alarmist, because I bought my first 2 handguns and first 2 rifles in that exact time period. It was not a ban, really. Sure, the thumbhole stocks looked goofy, but it wasn't a ban. And, importantly, it expired.

In fact, I think I walked out of the store with one of the handguns because I had the LTCH, before they changed that law.

AKs with single stack magazines, thumb hole stocks, and most the hardware mutilated.

AR15s with countless abominations committed against them... One of the happiest days of my life was the sunset of that god awful legislation.

Top Bottom