• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I have a whole attic full of RC crap. I'll be double branded a terrorist.
    Let me advise you of something from experience. Do not converse with people you may think you could interest in the hobby. It seems to throw up "somethings not right" red flags .

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I wonder what kind of damage they think can be done with model airplanes, except for really big expensive ones, they can't carry much weight.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I wonder what kind of damage they think can be done with model airplanes, except for really big expensive ones, they can't carry much weight.
    The experts say not much. I agree and I think gov. does to, to an extent. It's more so the actions of a miserable vile personality anti everything citizen that screws it up.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Here's a quote from another article. Seems both sides are on the same page here. Hopefully, for the ladies and gents that enjoy the hobby, any regulations will be minimal.

Quote:
    " Counterterrorism experts and model-aircraft hobbyists said it would be nearly impossible to inflict large-scale damage of the sort Ferdaus allegedly envisioned using model planes. The aircraft are too small, can't carry enough explosives and are too tricky to fly, they said."

"Basically, I think he's suffering from delusions of grandeur," he said.

Hahn said the heavier of the two models Ferdaus was allegedly planning to use could carry a maximum of two pounds of plastic explosive before malfunctioning. That's not including the weight of any GPS system, he added.

"It's almost impossible for him to get this done," he said."

Could model airplanes become a terrorist weapon? - Yahoo! News

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Actually, I can do quite a bit of Damage with one. Well to be honest not with the Plane itself. I just need the Transmitters and the Receivers...

Amazing what one can learn in the Middle East...

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I used to fly RC planes but sold all of my stuff to fund gun projects, guess I got out at the right time.

Nope, you got out at the wrong time. A non-government regulated RC Plane (pre-ban) is going to be the M16 of the hobby. Your $300 plane will now be worth $15,000.

/wishful thinking

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Looks like someone has found alternate way for me to enjoy my hobby.

Although, as a pilot, my kids like to fly with me and my oldest has the aviation bug big time. I was thinking an RC plane or two for him since he has a couple of years before he can get his private certificate. Guess I better run out and get some before they start regulating how big they can be or something.......

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's another step in the government's systematic dismantling of all physical sciences education in the country. Add it to the list, along with chemistry, model rocketry and aeronautics, electronics, nuclear physics, biology...

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Actually, I can do quite a bit of Damage with one. Well to be honest not with the Plane itself. I just need the Transmitters and the Receivers...

Amazing what one can learn in the Middle East...
    What amazes me is, what freedom one does have, the risks they're willing to take and throw it all away, just to take the freedom of others.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    When the story first hit the news they were calling it a drone,I don't know a lot about R.Cs but i know they are not drones.So now the news meida have made R.Cs into drones.

Top Bottom