• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are you doing during the shortage?

• Total voters

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had to make multiple choices because I shoot both factory ammo and I reload my own. I learned my lesson from the '08 panic buying and I knew I wouldn't get caught under stocked again. Prices stabilized after the '08 election and they'll stabilize again once this whole mess gets settled one way or the other.

For me, over the years I've been buying 22lr & 9mm as I've seen them on sale and to be honest, I've got more than enough for me to go to the range and shoot a lot without worry of resupply. As far as my favorite reloading ammo I have everything I need to make more.

Another approach I've taken in all this panic buying is to have taken an honest look at the ammo bought over the years sitting on my shelf. I've got a lot of different ammo up there that I know I'm not going to be using any time soon if ever. With that in mind I've actually sold a bunch of ammo recently https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...12ga_00_45acp_5_56_tracers_12ga_7_5_shot.html

For me actually selling ammo was an eye opening experience in these times because I had one guy act like some little Obama loving parasite acting like he was entitled to what I had to sell just because he said he'd take it before sending a PM about meeting somewhere too far away. I was really happy to purge ammo I wasn't going to use and get it into the hands of good guys willing to give it a good home at pre crazy & fair prices.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I was lucky enough to get my supply's back to acceptable levels just before the little nut bag pulled that crap at the school.

I hope such an act is never repeated but as long as psychotrophic meds keep getting prescribed to others like little nut bag boy, I will keep buying. And carrying. And shooting. :popcorn:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    First three and shooting as always were my choices. :) I am having some trouble with finding some of the bullets I want but they are for anything I'm not willing to do without for a while. I admit, for kicks I'd like to load up the 500 empty AK brass I have but these are some f the can't find bullets items. Once the weather is warm and easier to guess, I will cast some of these plus all the other bullets I shot al the time.

Essentially, I am fine. I am even doing what I can to sel off some of my extra stuff for regular prices in an attempt to make al of this end.

I think all of this is being caused by the flippers and when they all die from lead poisoning, things will be just fine. Hope they all die soon.

Nice.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Bought my first gun in August and was planning on building a cache slowly over the year (extra box here; extra box there). Newbie mistake. LOL. Pretty much resigned to the fact that I probably won't be firing at all this year. :(

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Only ammo I need is 7.62x54r, cheap and abundant.

Before the panic, I thought .223/5.56 was too expensive to shot from semi-automatic firearm, I can see myself shooting the cheaper 7.62x39.

I bought .223, 5.56, 7.62x54r, 7.62x39 and 9mm at pre-panic prices, but that was right after the panic, can't seem to find any now.

I also sold about 1/5 of the ammo to pay for 2/5s of it. :)

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Such disdain for people who prepared ahead of time.

I intend to make a profit off of my surplus. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Of course, I bought it way before this current panic.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Most will never learn. They don't stock up when supply is good and the political environment is not driving prices up. I understand some just getting into shooting not having a supply built up. Those who stock up when times are good help others with the low supply by not taxing it even more. I have plenty I purchased when the market came back down last time, and will not buy any more until the prices come back down. The market goes up and back down again and again. When it comes back down this time there should be lots of cheap preowned AR15's and ammo on the market at a loss to those who bought it hoping to profit from it. The ammo manufacturers will likely gear up to supply more, people will conclude they have enough for a lifetime and there will be a surplus of everything. I predict after the Assault weapon ban fails in a couple months, and the panic over these laws dies down it will all return to normal again. Until then, I have all I need and will not further drag the supply down by buying just because I can. I have passed up the Walmart 3 box max purchase several times already to leave it for others who actually need it.

Top Bottom