• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    So i take it a dry box is the best storage for ammo? well if that is so where is the best place to pick one up...if always had my ammo just sitting in my shooting bag but im accumulating too much and thought id get something good to store it in...

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I use old ammo boxes. You can pick them up cheap at surplus stores, and if they're good enough for the army they're good enough for me.

DJM95B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Schererville, IN.
    .50 caliber ammo cans.
    ZAA-095.jpg

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Some of those ammo cans had holes drilled in the bottom to mount them. I'd suggest you select ones without holes in them, and make sure the rubber seal in the lid is pliable and in good shape.

Just another two cents

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Some of those ammo cans had holes drilled in the bottom to mount them. I'd suggest you select ones without holes in them, and make sure the rubber seal in the lid is pliable and in good shape.
    :+1:
    Generally the ones that are drilled though are still mounted to turrets and stuff and aren't going anywhere.

300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    the only thing that bothers me about these cans is that they are metal. metal gets cold, creates condensation and then moister is trapped inside. but i guess these are only going to be inside. so not big concern but just ran across my mind since where in Indiana with crappy cold weather..

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    I use a large hardigg case with desicant in it. I bought is off ebay. It was used by the military for computers. I removed all the foam and it really seems to keep any moisture out of the ammo.

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    I found a guy local to me that has army metal cans for $6 ea $15 at the freakin army navy.
    He's going to call me with a count on how many.
    If anyone wants some let me know.
    Wide enough for a box of 50 rounds 9mm
    Holds over 5500 .22LR :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've got some surplus ammo cans I bought at Big R, find 'em there every now and then for $5, and some plastic ones I bought from Cabellas. Both work, though I actually have food in most of mine.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I picked some up at the Lafayette gun show a few weeks ago, $5 for the 30 cal , and $18 for a 20mm. I think the guy was from AAC ? in Mooresville or Martinsville? Nice fella anways. And that 20mm can holds a bunch of stuff.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I currently am using some plastic ammo cans. They have a rubber seal in then. They seem to work just fine. One thing that I really like about putting the ammo in cans, it the stacking ability.

Top Bottom