• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Picked this up at Rural King for $29.99. Holds quit a bit a of ammo. Better then having a ton of dry boxes.

DSCI0006.jpg

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I tried that route but didn't like it. The box gets too heavy and the plastic is too weak to pick up all that weight. I like surplus ammo cans, fat fifties especially. Those are hard to find but the fifty cal cans are still out there.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I have to second the ammo cans. It makes it easier to sort by caliber and type which, in turn, gives you the option of easily grabbing only what you need in a pinch.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Went from cardboard boxes to a couple of pastic oversize totes like you show to a filing cabinet and now to ammo cans. Guess the gov't got something right when they purchased ammo cans. Less sorting, stack easily, can label them or if you are paranoid about it, color code them or something. But if more than a couple of us are going to the range, an ammo can gets grabbed and hauled easily with us. Your situation like all of us is personal and different, if this works for you, excellent! Hope it works out and good job on at least sorting and keeping it dry as well as out of little kids hands.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have everything organized within. I have sd rounds seperated from target rounds. I have handgun, rifle, remfire, and shotgun ammo all seperated as well. I tried the dry box thing, and it was to much. This way everything is in one place. If I need to bug out, I'll just grab what I need. Throw it in some dry boxes and be out the door. I also have knifes, spare mags, spoting scope, etc locked up. Or if I did have to defend my castle, all my ammo is in one place. I hated having things stacked, it just made for more searching. I live in an apartment, so I'm limited on room.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I always used mo cans for storage, and now with 1K of ammo being $400+ I even lock up some of it in the old gun cabinets, bottom row is not shown but theres probably 7K in ammo plus mags, bayos etc....:

ammolocker.jpg

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    They have those "footlocker" type storage devices that look just like the one pictured in the OP on sale right now at Lowes for $19.98.

I really like them for storing other gear/supplies besides ammo. I put camping gear in one, and can easily take it and throw it in the back of the truck without worrying about forgetting something, or weather while in route. Makes for a decent camp fire seat/table too. Another use is to store holsters and misc items that you don't use very often.

I use them to store stuff in the attic as well.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I keep all my ammo locked up in my gun safe. Not for security but mainly in the event of a fire. I can't imagine the liability issues if thousands of rounds of ammo started going off while fireman are fighting the fire and bystanders are watching on.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    When my mom and dad's house burnt, (literally to the ground) dad had thousands of rounds of 22, shotgun, etc in a cabinet in the back porch. I grabbed one of the firemen I know and told him where it was and the estimated amount. He asked if they were in boxes and I said yeah, he said no problem. Never heard them go off, but that wall was ashes only!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom