• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    NWI Cabelas.......don't "prefer" to shop there, but sometimes you have to. I went in there after work today and was shocked. They had every caliber available all at the same time, and plenty of it. Magtech 45acp for 19.99, MFS (i know it sucks) 9mm for $10 and .38 sp for $13.99. They had a ton in stock. More than I've seen since the "shortage." So then I strolled on by the primer case. Holy crap, CCI LP #300's!!!! I grabbed up 5 of those. It was the first time in a long while that I had to actually pick and choose what I was going to spend my money on. The ironic thing, is that Blythe's in Griffith has been struggling as of late to get ammo, which is the opposite of the recent past. They just told me the other day that there was going to be another "ammo shortage." Hmmmm, Cabela's doesn't think so. Maybe all the big box store's inventory back orders are finally catching up and the little guy is being left in the dust. Regardless, It was good to finally see plentiful ammo on the shelves in NWI. I sure hope it lasts.:D

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Can't speak for primer since I don't handload, but they've had ammo in stock regularly for a while now.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Can't speak for primer since I don't handload, but they've had ammo in stock regularly for a while now.

This is true, but I'm talking variety. They have more now then I've seen in a long time.....(and I admit, I stop there at least once a week....it's on the way home from work).......They even have several locations within the store with the same ammo. They are actaully trying to market it. It's been awhile since they had to put any thought into moving their inventory. I saw .380 fmj from 3 or 4 copmpanys......craziness. Prices are going down. Hopefully the stockpilers will chill for awhile and we can see a true market value which will cause prices to continue to decrease.

johnflaherty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    logansport
    i get all my Ammo at dunhams sports they have it stock and great prices and sales on all there ammo and they also have coupons on there ammo for more $$$$$$ savings

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    My Wal-Mart was fully stocked last week, I couldn't believe it. They has so much WWB value packs in .380, it was piled up outside of the case in a cart.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    So then I strolled on by the primer case. Holy crap, CCI LP #300's!!!! I grabbed up 5 of those.
    What was their price? On Target in Kalamazoo has thousands of Fiocchi , CCI, Remington and Winchester, but the prices were $42-49/1000. D&R Sports down the road, only had CCI, but plenty of them for $35. I also saw $35 at Kzoo gun show.

Top Bottom