Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Broom, don't preach to me about combat, BTDT more than once. I know very well how to keep many different levels of firearms running properly and with quite good accuracy, especially with my backside on the line. Cleaning the action and removing every last ounce of copper from a bore are completely different animals. The actions get cleaned, the bores, ever few hundred rounds, and then not excessively. Do I need to mention that my rifles always function perfectly and hit their targets if I do my part.

My truck is on it's 12th year, and I change the oil religiously every 10,000 miles or so.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Broom, don't preach to me about combat, BTDT more than once. I know very well how to keep many different levels of firearms running properly and with quite good accuracy, especially with my backside on the line. Cleaning the action and removing every last ounce of copper from a bore are completely different animals. The actions get cleaned, the bores, ever few hundred rounds, and then not excessively. Do I need to mention that my rifles always function perfectly and hit their targets if I do my part.

My truck is on it's 12th year, and I change the oil religiously every 10,000 miles or so.

So, you clean your "gun", but not the bore? You do realize, as you go back through this thread, that I have not confined my comments to the bore, right?

My guess is that you keep (the action of) your guns clean, religiously, just as you change the oil in you truck. Routine maintenance, performed properly, is never a bad thing. Since accuracy is a relative thing (center-of-mass is not as exacting as 1/2 MOA) and the better quality semi-auto actions are designed with tolerances that allow them to feed, fire and eject when dirty, there is a lot of wiggle room for someone to claim you don't need to worry about cleaning a given rifle.

All I can say, by way of conclusion, is that pride of ownership compels conscientious gun owners to keep their firearms clean. Just as there are many people who don't take care of their cars, kids or teeth, there will always be folks who do not take care of their guns. Routine maintenance of many things is just good common sense. YMMV

Top Bottom