• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I made a vow never to step foot in those gougers store a long time ago. This past week I was meeting a guy for a deal in their parking lot and one of my kids had to use the restroom so I reluctantly took him in. The bathroom is right next to the ammo so naturally I looked to see what they had. Winchester white box .45 for $65.... Yes,$65. Reaffirmed my decision to stay out.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Just returned from a trip to the Pittsburgh Area. Went to a former gun shop to see what has changed etc. They had a huge supply of ammo. This place called Butler shooting supplies was a great shop. It no longer is. They had bricks of 22LR ammo for sale at 79.95. Just one of their outrageous prices. Although they did have a large inventory of ARs at normal prices.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went into our local GM on Friday around 1pm. I had a dr. appt. so I popped in just to check. I picked up 525 round count of .22 for $25. I was willing to spend that for two boxes so my wife and I could attend an Appleseed this fall.

GM is high on stuff and they are competitive on stuff. They will also price match on ammo. They currently have the lowest price on shotgun shells around. Including Wallmart.

I gave up on metallic center fire cartridges quite awhile ago. If the prices come back down, I will start buying again.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you think about it, it really doesn't matter what capacity magazine you have if you can't afford to fill it:popcorn:. Yeah Bunkie, that sound you hear is the snap of an opera length rubber glove.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    ^$79.95?! WOW! I'd laugh so hard they'd hear be across the store. What a ripoff.

The new Cabelas in Louisville had 500 rnd bricks of 22 for $91 a few weeks ago. I've noticed they are consistently $10-20 higher on things than BassPro, but I bought 2 bricks at basspro about the same time I saw the Cabela scam, and paid, I think, $21 a brick. That's what I've been doing all along, buying a little here and there when I find a reasonable price.

I'll never waste my time going to a Cabela store again.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Castleton GM is always good for a few a laughs. the last time i was in there, I listened to the salesman tell a customer that once he bought this particular AR, all he had to do was pay a tax and drop it off at a gunsmith and he could have his own MG.

Of course, this is the same guy that told me about his multiple full auto AKs and that he understands that "no loaded guns" signs at gun shops don't apply to LEOs and gun store employees due to their superior knowledge of firearms. lol

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I was just there, there are a few good deals around, you have to look. I found two boxes of Federal PFC154 00 buck shot shells for $4.99 which is the same as what Midway wants for them, before shipping... and they're out of stock.

They have a couple dozen boxes of PFC157 00 3" shells, also $4.99

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    I was in GM Castleton about as week ago and got all excited when I saw the Blazer Brass 350 pack of 9mm. I was ready to scoop up a couple boxes. Then I saw the price!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you believe $119.99? Unless my public school math has failed me, that comes out to almost $.35 per round. I saw a young man actually buy a box. WOW!!!!

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I was in GM Castleton about as week ago and got all excited when I saw the Blazer Brass 350 pack of 9mm. I was ready to scoop up a couple boxes. Then I saw the price!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you believe $119.99? Unless my public school math has failed me, that comes out to almost $.35 per round. I saw a young man actually buy a box. WOW!!!!

I've picked up three boxes. Unlike some, I am relatively new to shooting and didn't have a stockpile of ammo sitting around. Combine that with signing up for a self defense class where I need 400-500 rounds, I need and want ammo and don't have the luxury of driving all over for it. So I'm buying it as I can find it without buying from a flipper.

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis

INDYFAN where do you get your 9mm ammo from?

I bought my first handgun (G19) a little over a month ago, and am on my second box of those BB 350 packs from GM Castleton. It's decent target ammo.

I've checked the walmarts and dick's around town and there is never much to be found there.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy

What world are you living in that $.35 per round for 9mm is a bad deal now-a-days? That same Blazer Brass 350 ct box was $89.99 BEFORE the ammo shortage. So, a $.10 per round increase does not seem like a bad deal considering it is difficult to even find ANY 9mm around town. PS. I might have been the young man actually buying a box....because I like to SHOOT my guns.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah, if you need it buy the cheapest you can. I was looking at my stockpile and found some WWB from 1999 with $7.99/50 on it. Makes you sad right? Gas was under $2 a gallon back then too.

I was in Castleton Gander a bit over a month ago and there was this taller older man who seemed agitated. He asked about the ammo delivery that was suppose to be the next morning. He asked if it's ok for multiple people to wait in line because they needed a lot for a Boy Scout thingy. He was concerned they couldn't get it all. I stopped eavesdropping but a little later I saw the manager dude with him up front and he had all the ammo he needed.

They are filtering this stuff and we're all suckers!!! haha

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'll be honest, i was in there today talking with a guy behind the counter about shotguns and he actually knew his stuff, i talked with another guy that taught shooting classes and was a nice guy with pretty good knowledge of long guns, i guess its the luck of the draw with who you get there. i will say their shotgun prices on some of their guns were pretty good, they had a tom knapp CZ shotgun for $600 from what i remember, i've seen a sale for 550 before, not terrible. If you find something you want i say go for it, at least the paper(or plastic) in our wallets is able to buy something right now, who knows how much longer thats gonna happen, in a few years we may look back and say "remember when .223 was a buck a round, what a deal!!!"

Top Bottom