• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    A few thousand .22 are always available. Because they are fun. In a survival situation, I'd use .22 as a last resort for self defense. And I'd rather set some snares and sleep in the shade than go hunting cats and squirrels.

1000 in reserve for each calibre I might use for self defense. Except .308 and .380. 200 each of those.
    If I'm using my only bolt action .308 for defense, the bad guy is a long way away. And I will win or lose a long way away.
    If im using a .380 for self defense, we are moments from grappling, with me tying to chew through the other guys neck.

Thats the base. Add whatever I'm using at the range in a year and enough components to reload all my spent brass a couple of times.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would like to have about 20k in .22lr on hand if things turned really bad for a long time. .22lr makes good training ammo and if things were really gross, I would start a practical marksmanship program for my community. If things were gross for a long time, there would be nothing left to kill in the woods, so hunting would not be much of a concern after the first few months. There is nowhere in Indiana that is deep enough that people would not hunt it out quickly after the food trucks stopped running.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    One point I'd make about your "stock pile" of ammo. Don't keep it all in the same place. Cashe some here and there.

Also with Ammo you should be stocking up on cleaning supplies.. Brushes, solvents, patches, etc...

Just a suggestion..

Top Bottom