• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I was just at Wal-Mart today looking for ammo like I do every week. They were out of the Federal bulk packs I normally get, but they had some Remington golden bullet .22lr bulk packs so I told the guy I'd take two and I also got some CCI shotshell for .22lr. I've bought ammo from this store plenty of times and I've even bought ammo from this particular gentleman so I had my ID and money out and the guy scans the first box of the bulk pack and enters my birthday and says he cant sell me the ammo because I'm not old enough. I just turned 20 at the end of January. I was wondering if there was some kind of new law about ammo on Sunday that just started today or if its Wal-Mart and their dumb policies. This isn't the first time I've had problems with Wal-Mart either.

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    this might need to be in the ammo section, but as far as i know you are allowed to buy rifle ammo at 18 you just have to tell them its for a rifle

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I didn't even think about that at the time. The more he kept arguing the more frustrated I got so I just left out of there. I'll remember to make sure they get it right next time. I figured the "lr" on the box clarified that but I guess not for the employees. Thanks for the quick answers.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I didn't even think about that at the time. The more he kept arguing the more frustrated I got so I just left out of there. I'll remember to make sure they get it right next time. I figured the "lr" on the box clarified that but I guess not for the employees. Thanks for the quick answers.
    22 LR will fit rifles or pistols. I have an itty bitty revolver on my belt buckle that holds 5 rounds 22lr. You could also have a semi auto Walther or Sig pistol that takes the LR. So not being rude or mean, but no it doesn't clarify it.
    Anyway sorry about you troubles with Wally world. Just think you got one more year to go until it doesn't effect you. Hang in there.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    which wal-mart? south goshen? the one on 33? good little bit for you, i was at the wal-mart in elkhart on CR 6, handed the lady at the checkout a box of shotgun shells... i'm 24, but still, she asks me, "is this for a handgun or long gun?"

reeaally?:dunno:

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    When the WM employee ask me rifle or pistol, I like to watch their eyes roll when I tell them "machine gun."

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    which wal-mart? south goshen? the one on 33? good little bit for you, i was at the wal-mart in elkhart on CR 6, handed the lady at the checkout a box of shotgun shells... i'm 24, but still, she asks me, "is this for a handgun or long gun?"

reeaally?:dunno:

I was at the one on 33. That's about the only one I go to. Too many bad experiances at the others. Especially the one with the mcdonalds in it. I won't be goin back there.

Top Bottom