• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    9mm .40 ultramax 1000 rd. cases.
    lots of 5.56 and 7.62 some kinda pricey.
    cases of .45 h.p. available.very pricey.
    but they have it in stock.

red ghost outside of evansville has pretty good selection still.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    9mm .40 ultramax 1000 rd. cases.
    lots of 5.56 and 7.62 some kinda pricey.
    cases of .45 h.p. available.very pricey.
    but they have it in stock.

red ghost outside of evansville has pretty good selection still.

if the guy at red ghost continues to treat his customers like he does he will continue to have a pretty good selection.
    whittakers is awesome tho! thanks for the heads up.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    if the guy at red ghost continues to treat his customers like he does he will continue to have a pretty good selection.
    whittakers is awesome tho! thanks for the heads up.

I've had pretty good experiences with him at Red Ghost in the few times I've been there.

What's been your experience with him? You can PM me if you don't want to air it.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I've been to Whitaker's and Red Ghost in the past 2 weeks. Both had plenty of everything except .380. Of course all more than it should be, but neither were Gander Mtn prices.

I have more ill will towards how the people at Whitaker's treat you than Red Ghost, my only gripe with Red Ghost is it's the size of my kitchen.

I still prefer Dave's Gun Shop, nice people with the best prices. Same on long guns as Whitakers, a tad more expensive on pistols in the case, but since you have to have them shipped to an FFL across the river with it's a wash.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I've had pretty good experiences with him at Red Ghost in the few times I've been there.

What's been your experience with him? You can PM me if you don't want to air it.

went in there a few months ago and asked if he had any small pistol primers..I dont know if he was having a bad day or what and in most cases I wouldnt hold it against the person but Ive been in there a few times and more times than not he was a smart arse to me...his reply when I asked for the primers was a sharp "NO!" kinda threw me off at how sharp he was with me so I said "ok figured Id ask..sorry" I also wanted to check out a a few rifles and asked about a certain model..me:"do you know much about the henry 17hmr lever actions?" he pointed to the back of the store and said "in the vault" then basically ignored me:dunno: I wasn't asking to see one I was asking if he had any experience with them. I went in there the other day..walked in grabbed a couple boxes of shotgun shells,walked up paid for them and walked out...the only thing that came out of his mouth while I was there was my total for the purchase..I like to go into a place and feel welcomed..I dont feel that when I go there maybe its just me,I dont know. I have alot of friends that shop there and the reviews are mixed,either they love it or they hate it.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    went in there a few months ago and asked if he had any small pistol primers..I dont know if he was having a bad day or what and in most cases I wouldnt hold it against the person but Ive been in there a few times and more times than not he was a smart arse to me...his reply when I asked for the primers was a sharp "NO!" kinda threw me off at how sharp he was with me so I said "ok figured Id ask..sorry" I also wanted to check out a a few rifles and asked about a certain model..me:"do you know much about the henry 17hmr lever actions?" he pointed to the back of the store and said "in the vault" then basically ignored me:dunno: I wasn't asking to see one I was asking if he had any experience with them. I went in there the other day..walked in grabbed a couple boxes of shotgun shells,walked up paid for them and walked out...the only thing that came out of his mouth while I was there was my total for the purchase..I like to go into a place and feel welcomed..I dont feel that when I go there maybe its just me,I dont know. I have alot of friends that shop there and the reviews are mixed,either they love it or they hate it.

Of the few times I've been in there, I've noticed the same thing. He's a talker if you catch his interest on a subject, but other than that, I think it's his "keep me busy in my retirement" and he treats it as such.

Having said that, his prices are mostly pretty fair, which is more than can be said about a lot of gun stores these days.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Of the few times I've been in there, I've noticed the same thing. He's a talker if you catch his interest on a subject, but other than that, I think it's his "keep me busy in my retirement" and he treats it as such.

Having said that, his prices are mostly pretty fair, which is more than can be said about a lot of gun stores these days.

yes his prices tend to be pretty fair.he is located just down the road from me so I go there when I know what I want but when Im not sure of what I want or have some questions Ill go to strictly shooting or even gander if certain folks are working,both strictly and gander are a bit high on common items but Ill pay a bit extra for good customer service.

ngonerogwu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Evansville
    You'll go to strictly for good customer service? :n00b:

I've been in Red Ghost several times recently, and he's been nothing but nice.

Every time I've gone in there, if he wasn't busy, I'd talk about different stuff. The 870 vs the 500, 10/22's, mkIII's, and 5.56 vs .223... Just random stuff because I was bored. He was super nice, and I enjoyed talking to him.

I live 2 minutes from strictly, and I'll still make the drive way out to Red Ghost just to support him instead.

If Dave's wasn't as far away, I'd go there exclusively. They're the nicest people, and have good prices. It's not near as big as whittakers, but its so much nicer.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just took my harley for ride down there.

LOTS of 223, but it all around $499 /K
    1,000 purchase limit on primers.
    Windowless 30 round Pmags at $19.99
    20 round Pmags at $18.99

Had a Colt Delta Elite in stainless in, $879.
    Their prices on guns and scopes are outstanding, but like everyone else, ammo, magazines, and reloading supplies are creeping up...

They had a LOT of powder in stock.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    You'll go to strictly for good customer service? :n00b:

I've been in Red Ghost several times recently, and he's been nothing but nice.

Every time I've gone in there, if he wasn't busy, I'd talk about different stuff. The 870 vs the 500, 10/22's, mkIII's, and 5.56 vs .223... Just random stuff because I was bored. He was super nice, and I enjoyed talking to him.

I live 2 minutes from strictly, and I'll still make the drive way out to Red Ghost just to support him instead.

If Dave's wasn't as far away, I'd go there exclusively. They're the nicest people, and have good prices. It's not near as big as whittakers, but its so much nicer.

the guys at strictly have always been nothing but nice to me and always helpful..I started going there when I first moved to Eville. my favorite place was a place in boonville where I use to live,it was called Ashley's outdoor connection..Greg Ashley was awesome and would go out of his way to help anyone..but I think it was bought out and moved and is now called "bucks and jakes" but Ive not been in the new store. there is also a place outside of boonville near threshersmans park and the boonville country club...was a very small place and he mainly sold ammo and reloading supplies but that guy was as friendly as could be..then theres a place in newburgh that is owned by a lady,she really doesnt know much about guns{was her husbands shop and he passed away} but its the type of place you can go in and feel welcomed. honestly Ill shop anywhere but I like a little customer service if I need it...well I take that back...I will never step foot in rajos again as long as I live.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    I've been to Whitakers a couple of times, but where is Red Ghost? The Dave's your talking about is it in Holland or somewhere near there?

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    red ghost is on highway 65 N.& ST.joe RD. sometimes terry is in a great mood,& sometimes he is not. if you're looking for someone real friendy for information go to guns unlimited on Covert ave on east side of evansville. Gary is a super nice guy & will take time to answer all of your questions. Most of my firearms purchases have been from guns unlimited.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Dave's is in Holland about 3/4 of a mile off Exit 54 on I-64. Good little place.

I remember going to Ashley's quite a bit a few years back. I've been into the "new" Buck and Jakes, but they are fairly high priced and more geared towards hunting. I picked up some .223 there this weekend because Wal Mart didn't have any and I didn't want to go any farther than I had to. $14.95 for a box of 20 55gr JHPs.

I went to Rajos a few weeks ago and reminded myself why I never go in there. Guy at the counter was selling some poor lady a Ruger P85 for $580. I got angry and left. He had two used Glocks in the case for $600, when I can go to Daves and pick up any new Glock for $490.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Dave's is in Holland about 3/4 of a mile off Exit 54 on I-64. Good little place.

I remember going to Ashley's quite a bit a few years back. I've been into the "new" Buck and Jakes, but they are fairly high priced and more geared towards hunting. I picked up some .223 there this weekend because Wal Mart didn't have any and I didn't want to go any farther than I had to. $14.95 for a box of 20 55gr JHPs.

I went to Rajos a few weeks ago and reminded myself why I never go in there. Guy at the counter was selling some poor lady a Ruger P85 for $580. I got angry and left. He had two used Glocks in the case for $600, when I can go to Daves and pick up any new Glock for $490.

Ill have to go to Dave's...never heard of it before. Ive got family in the folsomville/tennyson area and thats not to far from Holland.
    as far as rajos and there crazy prices I hear ya man! worse than a pawn shop. I went in there one time wanting to do some trading and he offered me $100 trade for a new in the box never shot DU edition mossberg 835:rolleyes: plus they always try to talk you out of things no matter what ya want. I wanted some .22 hornet ammo one day so I stopped in to see if they had any and the guy behind the counter basically laughed at me "what do you want with 22 hornet ammo?"...umm I wanna shoot it:dunno: told me I would be better off getting rid of my hornet and buying a 17hmr...I own a 17hmr..2 of them actually and the 22 hornet is on a whole differant level.

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I purchased my first firearm at whittakers in 1998. They have always been kinda short on personality but have a great selection, i haven't seen anything close around Indy.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    Thanks for the info, Ill have to go to Dave's and also Guns unlimited. I hadnt heard of that place. I really like Whitakers but it is kinda hard to get service there. I was going to buy a Glock 22 and the salesman tried to talk me into a new S & W, but I really wanted a Glock so I decided to just wait.
    I did notice that Rajos prices are pretty high, they were $65 high than Whitakers on my Benelli Supernova tactical.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

wow i dont rember a p85 in the store for a long time,we have 95's one was mispriced and changed back to the right price

i havent seen a used glock in the store in weeks let alone at 600.00 besides the new ones are just over 500,the last used glock at 600 was a used 9mm with a built in comp,extended mag and extended slide release with 4 mags (priced glock mags lately?)

i know some people dont like rajos, but some people dont like free ice cream either, it's personal opinion and opinions are like hemmroids and headaches sooner or later everybody has one

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    wow i dont rember a p85 in the store for a long time,we have 95's one was mispriced and changed back to the right price

i havent seen a used glock in the store in weeks let alone at 600.00 besides the new ones are just over 500,the last used glock at 600 was a used 9mm with a built in comp,extended mag and extended slide release with 4 mags (priced glock mags lately?)

i know some people dont like rajos, but some people dont like free ice cream either, it's personal opinion and opinions are like hemmroids and headaches sooner or later everybody has one

Can I ask you how much the P95 price is at Rajo's? I remember going in a couple months ago and the employee who helped me told me I must have bought my P95 used when I told him I bought it for $309 at Bradis. Rajo's was around $450 IIRC

Aside from the implication that I was an idiot and that I didn't know how to tell a new firearm from a used one, I was blown away at the prices of guns in Rajo's.

I now call Rajo's the "Don's Guns of Evansville."

Top Bottom