• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I stopped in at Cabelas in Hammond yesterday. Lots of ammo, but no 9mm or 22 caliber. I bought 2 boxes of 45s at $23 each. They had a whole shelf full of 223s and 762s. Plenty of 38, 40, 380, 25, and some 357. Their prices seemed reasonable, more than I paid in early December, but not really gouging. They have signs limiting 22 caliber purchases to 1 box. I asked a rep where he hides it and he laughed. There is a line every morning and if any shows up it is gone in 15 minutes. He says they never know when they will get a shipment. They had bricks of 22s on Tuesday that sold out in minutes.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I wish I lived close to them... Had to order my .223 online with a maximum of 5 boxes [100 rounds] per day. I guess 100 > 0.
    I do not think it's per day, it's per order.
    Last time they had AE 556 I ordered 5 and 5 back to back with no problems an even chose in store pickup. Both arrived the same day.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I do not think it's per day, it's per order.
    Last time they had AE 556 I ordered 5 and 5 back to back with no problems an even chose in store pickup. Both arrived the same day.
    It says "Limit 5 per customer, per day."

If you're right I could theoretically circumvent this limitation but being an honest and ethical person I would not be inclined to do so... The only thing I could possibly do is have my wife register and place an order as well as I know she'll want to shoot 95% of the 100 rounds I have coming!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I just went and looked and it does now state per person per day.
    I am confident, that the last time I ordered it did not say that; it only said per order - as I would not have wasted the time putting in a second order. I would have simply got my 5 boxes and moved on, because I would have assumed that there were checks in place to void dup orders.
    -d

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I live less than 5 minutes away from the Hammond Cabela's, maybe 3 miles tops or less. But that doesn't help very much if you don't know when the ammo is available. Last few times I have stopped by, the shelves were empty. They used to have 2 separate aisles for rifle and pistol ammo, with shelves totally stocked on the left and right side of the aisle (shotgun ammo was in a totally separate isle). Last time I was there the aisles were rearranged so that the rifle ammo was all one side of one aisle, and pistol ammo wasn't even half of that. I probably hit it when the cupboard was bare. Sure hope that situation improves soon!

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Has anyone visieted the new cabelas in Louisville yet? Any ammo there?

When I was there last Wednesday, it was fully stocked :rockwoot: except for 22's. THe crowd was devouring it rapidly though. Limit 5 boxes centerfire and five boxes of 22 which were all subsonic 100 rd boxes. Store is easy to get to, maybe 15 min east of I-65 bridge. :D A lot closer to Indy than the Crown Point store.

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    Out of the big box stores, cabelas is my favorite. I get flyers for 20% off once in a while, they come in handy. They were guilty of price gouging a bit, but the increase could have came from their wholesalers also.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Finally found some 9mm at the Hammond store this morning.

I Think I need to buy a 12g since there always seems to be plenty of that around.

Top Bottom