0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    u1_Muslim-image-intense+US+FLAG.gif

NOV. 4, 2009
    Muslims given strong role in Hamtramck
    BY NIRAJ WARIKOO
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

After Tuesday's election, Muslims are to make up half of the city council members in Hamtramck, a percentage believed by advocates to be the highest Muslim representation in a municipality in the United States.

Two Muslim candidates, Kazi Miah and Mohammed Hassan, were elected Tuesday to the six-member Hamtramck City Council, joining incumbent Shahab Ahmed, whose seat was not up for re-election. All three have roots in the Muslim-majority country of Bangladesh, reflecting the growing Bangladeshi-American population in a city that was once known for its Polish Catholic community. Hamtramck also has Muslim residents from Bosnia and Yemen.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Most Americans these days would be as faithful to Islam as they would be to Christianity these days. That is to say, hardly at all.

Most Americans who even claim to be Christian haven't been to church since they were a child. (Not that you technically have to go..but still), I highly doubt they would pray once a day let alone three. And fast? Surely you jest.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Somewhere in the attic I think I still have my grandfather's scrap book of newspaper clippings of all the anti-catholic BS about JFK when he got elected too.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Somewhere in the attic I think I still have my grandfather's scrap book of newspaper clippings of all the anti-catholic BS about JFK when he got elected too.

I had heard the Catholics and the Muslims were similar. Thanks for the confirmation. Are the headlines similar to these in just the last day or so? No, I didn't think so. Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace "He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause" Muhammad, prophet of Islam 2009.11.03 (Helmand, Afghanistan) - A Taliban gunmen disguised as a policeman suddenly opens fire at a police base, killing five British soldiers in cold blood. 2009.11.03 (Jazan, Saudi Arabia) - Islamic rebels gun down a security officer "with the support and assistance of Allah." 2009.11.03 (Abu Ghraib, Iraq) - Mujahid bombers wipe out a family of three, including a girl. 2009.11.03 (Hadramut, Yemen) - al-Qadea militants open fire on a vehicle, machine-gunning eight people to death. 2009.11.02 (Glendale, AZ, USA) - A woman dies from injuries suffered when her father runs her down with a car for being too 'Westernized.' 2009.11.02 (Narathiwat, Thailand) - Islamists break into a house and murder a villager.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    OH NOES! PEOPLE WHO HAVE A PERSONAL FAITH DIFFERENT THAN MINE ARE SERVING THEIR COMMUNITIES! :runaway:

Really, this just illustrates how important it is for us to ensure we're properly represented within our local, state, and federal government.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    I had heard the Catholics and the Muslims were similar. Thanks for the confirmation. Are the headlines similar to these in just the last day or so? No, I didn't think so. Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace "He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause" Muhammad, prophet of Islam 2009.11.03 (Helmand, Afghanistan) - A Taliban gunmen disguised as a policeman suddenly opens fire at a police base, killing five British soldiers in cold blood. 2009.11.03 (Jazan, Saudi Arabia) - Islamic rebels gun down a security officer "with the support and assistance of Allah." 2009.11.03 (Abu Ghraib, Iraq) - Mujahid bombers wipe out a family of three, including a girl. 2009.11.03 (Hadramut, Yemen) - al-Qadea militants open fire on a vehicle, machine-gunning eight people to death. 2009.11.02 (Glendale, AZ, USA) - A woman dies from injuries suffered when her father runs her down with a car for being too 'Westernized.' 2009.11.02 (Narathiwat, Thailand) - Islamists break into a house and murder a villager.

Oh snap, cut and paste! I'm sure no one could find examples of ignorant christians committing crimes.

If religious fundamentalism was this country's biggest problem (or even on the radar) I would be dancing on my hands.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OH NOES! PEOPLE WHO HAVE A PERSONAL FAITH DIFFERENT THAN MINE ARE SERVING THEIR COMMUNITIES! :runaway:

Really, this just illustrates how important it is for us to ensure we're properly represented within our local, state, and federal government.

Oh snap, cut and paste! I'm sure no one could find examples of ignorant christians committing crimes.

If religious fundamentalism was this country's biggest problem (or even on the radar) I would be dancing on my hands.

You were saying??????????????????

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mendment/60239-shooting_at_ft_hood_texas.html

:dunno:

Nothing to see, move along. Sleep.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Islamic future my A$$! I have very little love for Arabs or Muslims...
    I would rather have a child molesting phycopath for a nieghbor...

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You were saying??????????????????

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mendment/60239-shooting_at_ft_hood_texas.html

:dunno:

Nothing to see, move along. Sleep.

Islamic future my A$$! I have very little love for Arabs or Muslims...
    I would rather have a child molesting phycopath for a nieghbor...

Gee...maybe it's the open, ignorant hatred that's causing the tension which leads to violence?...nah, that couldn't be it.

You guys just keep on hatin' for no good reason. It's bound to end well.

**Edit to fix the purple...

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gee...maybe it's the open, ignorant hatred that's causing the tension which leads to violence?...nah, that couldn't be it.

That's all in purple.... so that's sarcasm on top of sarcasm.....
    let me do the math... (sarcasm+sarcasm=no sarcasm) ....
    so you agree with me! :yesway: :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I don't know about you, but I have spent most of my life living in muslim countries. My hatred is not based out of ignorance, or without good reason. I have a firm grasp on how actual Muslim clerics view Americans. ;)

My dislike for them is far less than their hatred and disdain for us...

I also feel much the same way towards stupid people...

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    I don't know about you, but I have spent most of my life living in muslim countries. My hatred is not based out of ignorance, or without good reason. I have a firm grasp on how actual Muslim clerics view Americans. ;)

My dislike for them is far less than their hatred and disdain for us...

I also feel much the same way towards stupid people...[/quote]

very good point!:draw:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis

Yeah, like having a peace loving muslem walking into a Fort Hood building and opening fire on unarmed people. This notion of islam being a religion of peace is really wearing thin.:xmad:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, like having a peace loving muslem walking into a Fort Hood building and opening fire on unarmed people. This notion of islam being a religion of peace is really wearing thin.:xmad:

I'll agree. Most religions, in a round-about way, tend to make their zealots capable of self-righteous violence.

Just off the top of my head:

• Christianity has it's white-power zealots.
    • Catholicism has it's child-molestor zealots.
    • Islam has it's 72-virgins zealots.
    When zealots take a belief system & twist it...bad things happen.

However, am I to believe that you guys think all ~1.25 billion Muslims hate you, and therefore, you hate them? :n00b:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    You know Paco, this isn't a good day for the usual flamebaiting. Why don't you go to Fort Hood and let them know it is okay, because their dead are just as bad as the shooter.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You know Paco, this isn't a good day for the usual flamebaiting. Why don't you go to Fort Hood and let them know it is okay, because their dead are just as bad as the shooter.

That's not flamebaiting & you know it. Do you really think that evil man represents nearly 1/4 of the world's beliefs? Get a grip.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    and before everyone gets toooo excited about ohmygosh 3 out of 6 city council members are Muslim...

you do realize this is a suburb of Detroit?
    Detroit has the highest Islamic population per capita in the country?
    in the 2000 census, 41.1% of the city was foreign-born?
    also approximately 23% of the population claims some sort of ancestry from a predominantly-Muslim nation?
    and its population is only about 22,000, making it about 2/3 the size of Greenwood?

Guys, seriously, this news does not suggest that Muslims are taking over the country. It's reaffirming that the democratic process is doing its job -- representing its people.

Top Bottom