• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    I agree that we all need to be more civil to one another. I think that is the intent of the OP. But how is a vegetarian hurting you? I don't agree with the lifestyle and I feel bad for the kids but it really isn't any of my business.

I started wondering after reading all of these posts if this is what the talk was like in Iran leading up to the fall of the Shah in the late 70's.

My golden rule - Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I have emailed, snail mailed and called ALL of my state and federal representatives, ALL of them.
    I suggest everyone do this, it is a start, it may not be enough, but we have to try something peaceful, first.

U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121

I think we all have our "proverbial" line in the sand. I know where my line that I have drawn is, and I am pretty sure my line is no different than most.

IF or WHEN it gets crossed, that is when we better have each others backs, until then, stay calm, keep your cool, and carry on.

And I bet all you got was a nice form letter...fine out where you congressmen and senators are having town halls...go ask them those questions you wrote to them about.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I have emailed, snail mailed and called ALL of my state and federal representatives, ALL of them.
    I suggest everyone do this, it is a start, it may not be enough, but we have to try something peaceful, first.

U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121

I think we all have our "proverbial" line in the sand. I know where my line that I have drawn is, and I am pretty sure my line is no different than most.

IF or WHEN it gets crossed, that is when we better have each others backs, until then, stay calm, keep your cool, and carry on.

I don't know where you live but our man is AWESOME. Marlin Stutzman for pres.
    i just found out now that he had an open house today. i'm disappointed in local media that I didn't know about this.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    And I bet all you got was a nice form letter...fine out where you congressmen and senators are having town halls...go ask them those questions you wrote to them about.

You are correct. The very Form letter everybody else will get if they take the time to contact them.

I will go to any town halls held by them, but I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here and guess, there won't be any in the near future.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    It's not vegetarians per se, it's the elite liberal attitude that whatever lifestyle they choose is more worldly and just. That was the OP's intent.

I agree with the OP it is important to engage our neighbors. The focus of my conversations with my liberal friends is freedom, not the divisive fringe issues. I think Mitt Romney did his best, but I think the next Republican nominee needs to promote the idea of freedom, independence, and personal responsibility. We need to get to the basics.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree that we all need to be more civil to one another. I think that is the intent of the OP. But how is a vegetarian hurting you? I don't agree with the lifestyle and I feel bad for the kids but it really isn't any of my business.

I started wondering after reading all of these posts if this is what the talk was like in Iran leading up to the fall of the Shah in the late 70's.

My golden rule - Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.

1. I believe what the OP has an issue with is the militant versions who want to outlaw the consumption of any animal products and outlaw raising and confining domestic animals. You obviously haven't spent much time on leftists sites. Those people are truly scary and are not content to live their own principles but rather want to force them on all of us--it is what they accuse conservatives of doing magnified by several orders of magnitude.

2. The two phenomena are not at all comparable. We want the government to return to its role as defined in the Constitution. The Iranians were a vocal minority of young and revolutionary-minded people who bought into Ayatollah Horsesh*t's promise of a theocratic paradise which turned out to be a half-truth as it was theocratic but far from a paradise by any but the most sadistic of standards.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I love vegetarians***, I deep fry 'em*** put them on pizza***, thier good with a ranch like sauce*** only problem is ya have to eat so many of em just get full,,

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ny FELON if you had to ask the question its possible :dunno:. morals are morals either you live with the ten comandments as your guide or you dont.

Don't get smart when you don't know the score. His morals are a lot better than the f**king cops who should be on their knees every day thanking whatever deity they believe in that they were dealing with him and not me.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    First off let me explain a little about myself. It may help clear up some discrepancies some of you have keyed onto (vegetarian). I am a farmer who raises confined pigs for a living so I deal with a lot of animal rights activist. So the examples I listed pertain to me, but these examples don’t pertain to every one, or every individually and their beliefs.

Lets face it every one of us know that there is a bad apple in every tree. But us as American cannot let those bad apples influence the rest of us. Although this seems to be what is happening now days, Listen their will be those people who will do nothing all day but scrutinize what I say or you say all day. They have the right, its America.

Please don’t get hung up on my words I am but 1 man but we all know deep down we see and hear thing's every day that we just know aren’t right. And I’m not saying go crazy but we need to start standing up for what is right peacefully.

I APPRICIATE SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE IN THIS TOPIC AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. NOT BECOUSE IM SAYING IT, BUT IT JUST MAKES YOU FEAL BETTER.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is 8 outta 10 OK with you? I'm guessing it's not:dunno:

It seemed to be a cheap shot of opportunity to me, especially for someone who has no idea of the circumstances. The result should have been 6 police fired under circumstances that they would never wear a badge again and NYFelon not ever becoming a felon--and the police in question should have become felons themselves over the incident.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Is 6 outta 10 OK with you? I'm guessing it's not:dunno:

no. its not. the jews lived by commandments. the christians lived by commandments, and law. we now live by law.

pick your poison. not turning this religious, as Im not whatsoever. all im saying is, we can write our law til were blue in the face.
    call it law of god, law of men, whichever. again, pick your poison.

but if we have a set of rules, youll ****ing live by them, or youll leave, or rebel against them. the true freedom of men, that cannot EVER be taken away, is the freedom of choice.

choose.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    no. its not. the jews lived by commandments. the christians lived by commandments, and law. we now live by law.

pick your poison. not turning this religious, as Im not whatsoever. all im saying is, we can write our law til were blue in the face.
    call it law of god, law of men, whichever. again, pick your poison.

but if we have a set of rules, youll ****ing live by them, or youll leave, or rebel against them. the true freedom is men, that cannot EVER be taken away, is the freedom of choice.

choose.

I believe the point is that our mouthy newcomer needs to reevaluate the level of perfection he is demanding from others. If he stops now, I am going to conclude that he insulted NYF for the purpose of getting to 50 posts so he can go buy that gold-plated HiPoint he is hot and bothered about.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It seemed to be a cheap shot of opportunity to me, especially for someone who has no idea of the circumstances. The result should have been 6 police fired under circumstances that they would never wear a badge again and NYFelon not ever becoming a felon--and the police in question should have become felons themselves over the incident.

Yeah but it got him to the big 50. :rockwoot:
    After all, we all know that rigid compliance to all 10 commandments is the only possible way to be a moral upstanding citizen.

Top Bottom