• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We aren't sending ground troops and our aircraft will only perform non-combat missions. Apart from kicking in the door with the TLAM strikes, the US is hardly kinetically involved. The French are leading the CAP and providing the only aircraft carrier involved. Other allied States, not the US, are providing additional combat aircraft. I'm impressed he got them to pick up some of their slack. And a diplomatic tour of Latin America is different than vacationing at your ranch. Statesmanship..diplomacy..maintaining alliances/foreign relations..remember it?..

The best part is that in less than 600 days he will lose in his attempt for a second term, IF his own party even lets him run. He can stay out of the country as far as I am concerned as he is the most worthless president we have ever had.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    We aren't sending ground troops and our aircraft will only perform non-combat missions. Apart from kicking in the door with the TLAM strikes, the US is hardly kinetically involved. The French are leading the CAP and providing the only aircraft carrier involved. Other allied States, not the US, are providing additional combat aircraft. I'm impressed he got them to pick up some of their slack. And a diplomatic tour of Latin America is different than vacationing at your ranch. Statesmanship..diplomacy..maintaining alliances/foreign relations..remember it?..

That is until the French surrender and we are stuck with another power vaccum that has to be filled. :draw:

Not to mention the fact that no matter how much "involvement" we have the rest of the world will inevitable blame us, including Mo Q. I wouldn't be surprised to see headlines from Al Jazeera; "Great Satan and harem of UN cronies bomb innocent civilians in Libya." Also Mo has lots of cash to fund terrorist attacks and now has increased motive to do so.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The best part is that in less than 600 days he will lose in his attempt for a second term, IF his own party even lets him run. He can stay out of the country as far as I am concerned as he is the most worthless president we have ever had.

We have to have an EVICTION of the WHITE HOUSE in 2012:rockwoot:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    We aren't sending ground troops and our aircraft will only perform non-combat missions.

What news are you watching? I'm sitting here watching NBC this morning and seeing reports of Obama approving military action, U.S. stealth fighter attacks, U.S. F-15 attacks, U.S. missile attacks, U.S. troop preparation, etc. with minor support from coalition forces and France (probably watching our backs). Sounds like the U.S. is in another war to me and definately using U.S. aircraft for combat missions in Libya. ;)

tk21k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    MSG2-Mt Comfort
    "We aren't sending ground troops and our aircraft will only perform non-combat missions."

We originally just sent "advisors" to Vietnam as well. Gadhafi will not just roll over after a few air strikes. The only way to remove him and his regime is boots on the ground. What is the final goal of all of this? A new government? Just my 2 cents.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Goal? Obama doesn't have a goal? He doesn't have any idea what he is doing there just that the media told him he had to.

BTW, what exactly is the Constitutional authority for attacking Libya? What is the American interest in doing so?

Does anyone think that Gaddafi is just going to sit there and take it? Libya is swimming in dough. Libyan intel makes one phone call and there are bombings and shootings against U.S. targets throughout Europe.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That is until the French surrender and we are stuck with another power vaccum that has to be filled. :draw:

Not to mention the fact that no matter how much "involvement" we have the rest of the world will inevitable blame us, including Mo Q. I wouldn't be surprised to see headlines from Al Jazeera; "Great Satan and harem of UN cronies bomb innocent civilians in Libya." Also Mo has lots of cash to fund terrorist attacks and now has increased motive to do so.
    Maybe you should actually try reading Al-Jazeera, instead of parroting talking points. They're one of the least biased news sources in the ME. Unlike, US news agencies they've been in the thick of things since the revolts started.
    When I want to know what's going on in the ME, the first place I go is Al-Jazeera. You might give it a try and hang up on the Faux News talking heads. They've got good coverage.

AJE - Al Jazeera English

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    What news are you watching? I'm sitting here watching NBC this morning and seeing reports of Obama approving military action, U.S. stealth fighter attacks, U.S. F-15 attacks, U.S. missile attacks, U.S. troop preparation, etc. with minor support from coalition forces and France (probably watching our backs). Sounds like the U.S. is in another war to me and definately using U.S. aircraft for combat missions in Libya. ;)

Saw an article on Navy Times yesterday talking about how all strikes would be missiles from sea based platforms. I thought this was suspicious as there's two ARG's in the region, but the Enterprise CSG is still noticeably absent. I went back to find the article and can't now. I think it was a poorly worded piece on how all initial strikes were from sea based platforms.

So far 19 US aircraft have flown combat missions in Libya, in comparison to 20 French aircraft in their initial wave, not to mention the UK, Canadian, Danish, and Qatari fighters also on station.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Is there any proof that Libya had anything to do with 9/11?

No, but there is proof of his order to blow up the Disco in Germany (?) and the Lockerbee plane bombing. Us citizens/military personnel killed/injured in those. (Action should have been taken right after each of those events.)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, but there is proof of his order to blow up the Disco in Germany (?) and the Lockerbee plane bombing. Us citizens/military personnel killed/injured in those. (Action should have been taken right after each of those events.)

So what, John Kerry (and Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and every other Democrat) said that Saddam Hussein committed terrorist acts.

Surely you are not saying that the USA can invade on the basis of ties to terrorism?

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dammit Kirk, think of the children... We have to invade and occupy Libya before they march on Pearl Harbor or storm the beaches of Nashville!!!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Hey, boys & girls - I didn't say that I agree with what is going on in Libya. I just answered a question. I think that we should get out of everywhere. (and only go after those who attack us on our soil - or ships, etc.)

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    so...What is the difference between Iraq 2003 and Libya 2011?

Watching MSNBC, Chuck Todd going on about the coalition of nations that have come together to save Libya from an evil dictator.

Pres. Obama's reaction to this conflict is a **** in the face of every Iraq War vet.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    And even after the millions and possibly billions of dollars that are going to be spent on helping them, after everything is said and done they will still hate us.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Didja notice who was in the lead on this one? The french? Really? Follow the money, boys. Follow the money. Libya is the major source for the light oil that the french like to use. Sooooo ... NOW they're getting mean. This ain't rocket science, boys and girls. It's just money and how much BS you can throw up in the air to cloud the issue with. That's all it ever is, or ever has been.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "‎The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

Senator, and Constitutional scholar, Barack Hussein Obama, December 20, 2007
    Hey, boys & girls - I didn't say that I agree with what is going on in Libya.

Sorry, flag, I was doing my santimonious Leftist schtick.:D

I was soooo enjoying this splendid little war of Obama's. Anyone know what Code Pink is up to right now.:laugh:

Top Bottom