• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    My friend, you have made a good example of what I'm trying to get across.

I gave you the the perfect oportunity to brag about your unionized company and how it's run. Instead you attempt to turn it back on me, as if I had said ANYTHING negative about your company, management or the union involved. I said none of those things.

I wouldn't dare paint union folks as continual complainers, but...???

BTW, since you brought it up, I see a whole lot more Amazon trucks delivering down here in BFE than UPS these days. Two of them today, on a Sunday. Just sayin' you guys might want to be concerned?

LMAO! First off, I'm not your friend. You presume I work for UPS? Wrong again. What you have succeeded in doing is prove what a nasty hateful person you are. Congratulations.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    LMAO! First off, I'm not your friend. You presume I work for UPS? Wrong again. What you have succeeded in doing is prove what a nasty hateful person you are. Congratulations.

Thanks anyway, my friend. ;)

Please pass along who you proudly do work for, so that we may support your good company with our dollars. :yesway:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My friend, you have made a good example of what I'm trying to get across.

I gave you the the perfect oportunity to brag about your unionized company and how it's run. Instead you attempt to turn it back on me, as if I had said ANYTHING negative about your company, management or the union involved. I said none of those things.

I wouldn't dare paint union folks as continual complainers, but...??? Of

BTW, since you brought it up, I see a whole lot more Amazon trucks delivering down here in BFE than UPS these days. Two of them today, on a Sunday. Just sayin' you guys might want to be concerned?

Saying unionized company is not how it works. There is union workers and the company. Just because the labor is unionized it doesn't mean the company is going to run smoothly or successfully.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Just asking a question because it was brought up before.
    What are the issues in Staten Island that they are complaining about ?
    If it is long hours and they cut the number of hours worked all those will get less OT and then start bitching they aren't making enough.
    When I lived in NW Indiana I was Union, and as strong a union person as could be. I did see plenty wrong with the construction trade unions, and am now in a management position with a non union company and everyone at my company loves where they work, the benefits, and couldn't be happier. Our safety is much better than any of the other companies around.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I define it as my management, keeps what I need available so I can complete my work on time. And its managements responsibly to pay me correctly and on time.
    I took it as he was talking about the Union management. The company management is in charge of materials and scheduling for us and they're damn miserable at that.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If they only knew how many get walked out of Union plants each month.
    I know I don't understand the belief that union workers somehow have no rules. Hell I have a book of rules over an inch thick and the company still tries to make up more.

I really get a kick out of some of the stories I've heard about where I work. For some reason I always hear one where they say. Those guys draw a circle on the windshield and if so many raindrops fall in the circle they get to go home and still get paid. :lmfao:if they only new how big of a pain in the ass it is for someone to claim inclement weather then they would know that it very rarely happens. Another one is that if we work a double we automatically get 8hrs paid off the next day. :lmfao:

If it was only as good as people make it out to be.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm hearing that a lot.

I don't know why you wouldn't. It's two completely separate groups. If you had any idea how inept most of the company management is you would understand. They literally hired a McDonald's manager and expected him to manage a maintenance shop at a powerplant with absolutely zero knowledge of the system and they're not even required to learn it. It's crazy.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Just asking a question because it was brought up before.
    What are the issues in Staten Island that they are complaining about ?
    If it is long hours and they cut the number of hours worked all those will get less OT and then start bitching they aren't making enough.
    When I lived in NW Indiana I was Union, and as strong a union person as could be. I did see plenty wrong with the construction trade unions, and am now in a management position with a non union company and everyone at my company loves where they work, the benefits, and couldn't be happier. Our safety is much better than any of the other companies around.
    And what does the company do that you work for?

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I'll just say one more thing then I'll get out of here. For me, there's a difference between the 'Union' and 'Union Workers'. I've had a love/hate relationship with the 'Union' for decades, however, like I've mentioned earlier, the good out weighs the bad. Now, 'Union Workers'? They/we really are, for the most part, a bunch of hard working, good people. Yes, we have a few flunkies, but, it seems the nonunion people like to emphasize these losers and make it look like ALL 'Union Workers' are lazy and worthless. It's just not true. Me? I love my job and I'm proud to say a damn good employee. My insurance is very good and free and I make 6 figures. Why does this make so many people so damned angry? Yes, we fight for a good contract every few years. Why is that so awful? If you feel the company you work for is using you or mistreating it's workers, fight back. Don't just quit and leave like a coward. Fight!
    Just my $.02

Oh yeah, also, I love my country and I love Indiana.

And I love my new Glock 40. LMAO!

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Think so? Or would the "loss" of the evil profit be directly passed along to the consumer in increased product pricing?

If the company could transmit all added costs to the consumer with no negative impact to their profits, there would be little reason to fight the union.

My guess is, if the company passes the cost along, becomes less competitive, and as a result loses back some business to the non-union competitors they previously took it from...that means less sales, which means less profits.

It's not that the costs don't get passed along. They do. It's that the negative effects can't all be passed along. And one of them is reduced sales/profits.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't know why you wouldn't. It's two completely separate groups. If you had any idea how inept most of the company management is you would understand. They literally hired a McDonald's manager and expected him to manage a maintenance shop at a powerplant with absolutely zero knowledge of the system and they're not even required to learn it. It's crazy.

There is an adage that says that good managers can manage anywhere. Like most things it's not 100% true and not 100% wrong. First of all, the manager in question has to be a good manager. There aren't as many of them out there as people think. If they are good at managing people and then are open to learning what they need to know from the people under them, it can work out fine. The manager I have now is the best manager I have ever had and she didn't know squat about what we do when she was hired. She was open to learning about it and letting the seniors on our team run things until she was up to speed. There have been some rough spots, but overall she's done really well, much better than the previous manager we had who was very experienced. Would it be better if someone had direct knowledge of the role? Probably, but maybe they couldn't find someone who had that knowledge and that could also manage people... :dunno:

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And lets remember im a retired Union man.
    How can we forget when you keep reminding us?

What is a fair work environment to you?
    One where I don't loose my job because someone with seniority wants my job.

Meh, it forced me to find a much better job, one without all the political and fighting and inefficiencies that the union saddled us with.

I'm not a fan of either unions or Amazon, so I'm happy to watch them hurt each other. :popcorn:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom