• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    I will. He's lucky to be alive, and in fact may only be so because of the manager. I surely can't fault his courage, but there are lessons to be learned there for both cops and other citizens.

+1 JOE! have a LE background i was able to point out the tactical errors rigtht away. it is safe to assume the responding officer had knowledge of the shooting. there was ample amount of time that had lapsed from her second call to the officer arriving. also, he was singal 10 when he arrived and probably wouldn't have been if it was just a call for an officer. now, not engaging the suspect right away could have ended this officers shift early and, quite honestly should have. the suspect was engaged in an active shooting situation with the officer who could(and should) have terminated this situation much earlier. what if he had gotten shot in the shootout and then the suspect returned to the building to kill everyone? what would you call him then? a JBT ro a fool? take the tactical advantage every time. joe is right, there are alot of lessons to be learned for both LE and citizens. again, what if this were taking place at you residence or business, would you have waited to take a shot just because his back was to you? i'm not jesse james but i'm also not gonna die today.:twocents:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    again, what if this were taking place at you residence or business, would you have waited to take a shot just because his back was to you? i'm not jesse james but i'm also not gonna die today.:twocents:

If this were taking place at my business or residence I'd have no hesitation to shoot the guy in the back under those exact circumstances. But if I had just arrived on scene and am a LEO and had not had time to read the situation, then shooting someone in the back who is calmly walking away is a bad idea. LE is held to much higher standards in those situations. As you know. I am not going to "assume" what the officer did or didn't know which is why I think it's foolish to do too much armchair QBing here.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    If this were taking place at my business or residence I'd have no hesitation to shoot the guy in the back under those exact circumstances. But if I had just arrived on scene and am a LEO and had not had time to read the situation, then shooting someone in the back who is calmly walking away is a bad idea. LE is held to much higher standards in those situations. As you know. I am not going to "assume" what the officer did or didn't know which is why I think it's foolish to do too much armchair QBing here.

don't misundersatand, i'm not saying jump outta the car and pop him. we have noted the tactical mistake of driving up that close on the scene. the officer should have never been that close to him at that point anyway giving him the time to "read" the situation, tactical error one. the suspect is now within close proximity, has fired multiple rounds striking people inside and is holding(visibly) a handgun and ignoring commands to drop and stop. now, we all see things differently and we all have our own take on situations and i respect that. i would have reacted differently. and you're right, LEOs are held to a higher standard but, what if the officer had gone down and this man killed all of those employees, this department would have gotten raked across some very hot coals. so, in the end noone else got hurt and the manager became a hero and we all learned something. ;)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    don't misundersatand, i'm not saying jump outta the car and pop him. we have noted the tactical mistake of driving up that close on the scene. the officer should have never been that close to him at that point anyway giving him the time to "read" the situation, tactical error one. the suspect is now within close proximity, has fired multiple rounds striking people inside and is holding(visibly) a handgun and ignoring commands to drop and stop. now, we all see things differently and we all have our own take on situations and i respect that. i would have reacted differently. and you're right, LEOs are held to a higher standard but, what if the officer had gone down and this man killed all of those employees, this department would have gotten raked across some very hot coals. so, in the end noone else got hurt and the manager became a hero and we all learned something. ;)

That much I can agree on.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    That manager is lucky that the cop didn't shoot HIM when he ran up to the perp after putting his three rounds into him! The cop's adrenaline must have been through the roof. I know he made contact with the officer before he ran up, but man, one officer who just got into a gunfight may not know the manager was a good guy.

I agree though, that gun in a lock box was just about worthless. If it'd been on someone's hip it might have ended the situation without anyone getting shot.
    It is possible that the police officer knew him from prevous towings and accidents. I give the officer the benefit of the doubt about that he kept his cool because of his training.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So does anyone know if that biz now carries guns on their hips? Or have they gone back to biz as normal? I wonder if a follow-up to that can be found.

As for the BG 40+ rounds & he manages to only hit 2 people? Hum... Good thing he was a bad shoot.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I've tried to watch this video in two different browsers and it just keeps loading and says at the bottom "Sorry, video not found." Bummer, I wanted to watch.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    The company prolly has a policy about carrying. I find it hard to believe that certain companies still apply this rule!!!! AMAZING!!!

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    I've tried to watch this video in two different browsers and it just keeps loading and says at the bottom "Sorry, video not found." Bummer, I wanted to watch.

Hey Protest,

I had the same message so I typed "Tow Truck Shootout" into their search field and it returned the video.

It is worth watching ...

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    First to Que...........reps for posting the vid into the thread.

Yes there were plenty of tactical errors made.......fortunately for him he gets to hopefully learn from them. I did notice the BG didn't drop the rifle, he had it in his right hand when he was walking back to his truck as the cop was pulling up. My thought process is this: IF (and thats a huge IF) he pulls up that close, knew that shots had been fired, people were hit.......then why even bother getting out of the car. Just run him over where he stood. Deadly force is deadly force is deadly force........the manner it is implied does not matter.

Just something to think about. Not trying to second guess the officer, because I try not to do that.........just making a point.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    First to Que...........reps for posting the vid into the thread.

Yes there were plenty of tactical errors made.......fortunately for him he gets to hopefully learn from them. I did notice the BG didn't drop the rifle, he had it in his right hand when he was walking back to his truck as the cop was pulling up. My thought process is this: IF (and thats a huge IF) he pulls up that close, knew that shots had been fired, people were hit.......then why even bother getting out of the car. Just run him over where he stood. Deadly force is deadly force is deadly force........the manner it is implied does not matter.

Just something to think about. Not trying to second guess the officer, because I try not to do that.........just making a point.
    +1

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Wow that old dude was PISSED! When the cop rolled up it seems as if he would have shot the guy as he was walking across the lot with a rifle in his hands. But it's easy to arm chair quarterback. The vid in the motorcycle thread the cop shoots the guy sitting on his bike in the back. Two very different situations end in similar results.

Top Bottom