Am i stuck here till my atf paperwork comes in?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I really want to move from my address but as I understand it I cannot move until my paperwork comes in. This whole process has been really confusing but I or my local gun shop has sent the paperwork for three suppressors, a sbr for a scorpion, and a sbr for a lower reciever. I also have a yhm dedicated suppressor that is doing an interstate transfer. The interstate paperwork isnt done for the yhm but do I have to live at my current address till I get the paperwork/stamps?

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    If you efiled Form 1 for SBRs then you won't get anything in the mail, you have to print those. The Form 4 get mailed to the dealer. So unless you are moving to another state or very far from your dealer you should have no issue moving. If you are moving within your state you don't even need to let the ATF know. You have to notify them via a Form can't remember which one if you move out of state.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I paid my local gun shop to do the paperwork for my sbr so i am waiting on mailed paperwork. My suppressors were both mailed by lgs too (two different gun shops). I have a hybrid and sparrow (or some kind of silencerco 22 suppressor not full auto rated) from on lgs and a octane 9 for a suppressor in leesburg with a pending interstate transfer for yhm suppressor

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    You also need to make sure the state you are moving to allows ownership of those items (if you are moving out of state).

This. and there is another form you need to fill out to transport NFA items permanently crossing the state line.

If you are not moving out of state(or Gary), then you are good to go, just make sure the shop where will receive the forms knows your phone number.

goneshooting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Your ok to move , in same state , I had the same thing happen to me several years ago , I moved and had no problems, all your stuff gets sent to the dealer.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    What they said regarding in state. If you plan to move out of state and your items have not been approved before your move, then ATF will require you to cancel the transfer and reapply after the items have been transfered to a dealer in the new state. That's assuming that state allows NFA.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom