• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Not trying to stray too much, but I've tried IWB in the small of my back several times, and it's very comfortable until I sit down, how do you remedy this?

Don't carry SOB?? Your spine is rigid, your gun is rigid, so unless you had a soft chair that would conform to the shape of the gun, I don't see how you could make it more comfortable.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    You know who notices my gun........ My damn wife, everytime we go in somewhere she ask me are you going to cover it up, meaning throw my sweatshirt over it, it's bs, but I get tired of her complaining, unfortuntly it's going to take me having to pull it once for her to see the light.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    You know who notices my gun........ My damn wife, everytime we go in somewhere she ask me are you going to cover it up, meaning throw my sweatshirt over it, it's bs, but I get tired of her complaining, unfortuntly it's going to take me having to pull it once for her to see the light.

kitchen??

:D

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Let me start out by saying that I HAVE applied for my LTCH and am awaiting the news. That being said... I have purchased a paddle holster for my Bersa Thunder .380 in anticipation of my license. I went with a paddle holster because I am, well, "heavy set". I figured an IWB holster would be terribly uncomfortable. Getting to the point, when I put my holster on and practice my draw, I can see the print of my firearm. Most of my shirts go over the end of the gun because it is small. I am just concerned that I may just be "looking" to see if it is noticable. Do you think this will be concealed enough? I know I don't have to conceal but I don't want to be obvious. Am I just too observant or would others notice too? Is there a better way to carry if you're on the "chubby" side?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I have been a full time sworn LEO for over ten years and I still have a complex when I carry in plainclothes. I always feel like people see my gun under my shirts/sweatshirts/jackets. But like the above post says, 95% people don't see a gun in plain sight let alone a buldge under a shirt.

I really don't care what others think about me having a gun on my side, and that applies to it being displayed next to my badge at work (Im always in a suit or shirt and tie) or off-duty, but I truly believe that CC is the safer, smarter way to carry.

I truly feel that a tweaked out robber strolling into a bank to hold up a teller who happens to see a guy OC'ing in the line next to him isn't going to prevent him from robbing the bank, the robber is just going to shoot the OC'r the noggin before he does it!!!

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Carrying in the waistband makes it much easier to conceal a gun. If you buy a quality IWB holster it can be very comfortable. I recently bought a Milt Sparks VM2 from a member. It is comfortable, and hides even a 1911 very well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom