• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If it helps at all: I picked up a Kahr CM40 to use as a back-pocket pistol. Still need a holster, though (before I carry it). I have switched to a money clip and/or front pocket wallet as well. I find it easier to get in to my back pocket than my front pocket, especially when seated.

Speaking of holsters, I saw one up thread I am going to look into more.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Would ankle carry possibly work?
    I ankle carry on the outside of my boot, you can get an extender if needed, but it won't work if your pants leg is too tight over it.

I carry an LCP everyday in an ankle holster. I have a pocket holster (that covers the trigger) that's ok but the pocket I'd carry in isn't big enough for the gun/holster to fit in and not bulge. I've even worn it while wearing hunting boots. It just sits up higher and rests against the top of my boot instead of my shoe. And they do indeed offer extenders for them (which some people with big calves would need anyway).

if you pocket carry then dont carry with a round in the chamber it only takes a split second to jack a round in the chamber.

:ugh: really? Have you actually tested that idea? Or just repeating something you heard? Watch this video and then tell me it's still a good idea to carry on an empty chamber?

https://youtu.be/syxrpLbaEuY

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    A holster that doesn't cover the trigger is unsafe.

And I may be remembering incorrectly, but isn't there some controversy that the OP's holster can be classified as NFA?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I suppose you could sit on the side of your seat and let your right knee angle toward the floor, but I do think you're "over thinking it"--IF your holster covered the trigger. If you blade your stance while drawing from your back pocket--and considering reaction time for the thug who's expecting to see your wallet--you don't need the holster to camoflauge the pistol. You also have less control over the pistol with the janked up 1 finger grip the holster allows. Get a good holster and toss that "pocket shot" in the trash or maybe as a decoy to the thug.

I carried a PPK in an ankle holster so that my tool belt wouldn't interfere with my draw. When I left work, I immediately moved it to my belt because I found that drawing from my ankle was no faster than racking the slide after drawing (not that I ever carried empty chamber). I think ankle holsters are only appropriate for BUGs or if you're carrying in a "non permissive" enviornment where you're probably not going to be suddenly jumped anyway, and you'll have time to draw and take cover before the "active murderer" gets to you.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Just curious, why bother putting the gun in a pocket holster if it doesn't cover the trigger? What would be the difference in just shoving a unholstered gun in your pocket?

Because an unholstered gun will wear through the pocket fairly quickly, as I found out with a Smith Model 40 in very short order in my young LEO days.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I don't go upstairs. I muzzle everyone on the floor below me because my gun is pointing down in my belt holster. I muzzle the person in the vehicle next to me when I lay my gun in the passenger seat. My neighbor calls me because I muzzle him when my gun is on my nightstand.

Last edited:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I have carried in a shoulder holster for well over 15 years. I have only had one instance of someone complaining about my pistol pointing at them. It just so happened to be while overseas in a combat zone. A Civi Contractor said it makes them scared, I told them they should be more concerned with mortars falling from the sky or just don't stand behind me. End of that conversation. Imagine that, an anti-gun nut in a combat zone....

With all that said, a holstered weapon is a holstered weapon. Remember, guns don't have a mind of their own. No matter how many signs the MDA's put up, guns don't go around doing stuff. It's the user.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    If it's a matter of keeping it concealed, you almost have to go with the front pocket. Rear pockets tend to open up when you bend or stoop and everyone can look into your pocket. If you're in a place that doesn't respect your right to defend yourself you might get fired. At the very least you'll scare a co-worker and might be outted as "the crazy guy who carries a gun."

The "L shaped" pocket holsters with tacky outside/smooth inside would be perfect for what you've described. Carry in your front pocket, holster stays in when gun comes out. In 99% of scenarios it just looks like you're carrying your wallet in your front pocket now. Easy enough to tell everyone, "I'm carrying my wallet here now because it was starting to hurt my back."

As others have said you may have to relocate your wallet (don't know where you carry it now) or do a money clip or something. Cell phone too. You only have so many pockets and we all carry so much stuff!

Top Bottom