• ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Get some NFA goodness.

I guarentee you'll be counting every second until the next time you shoot it... if you can stop shooting.

And waiting 5-6 months for something makes you that much more excited when you get it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Right now, I am not at a point where I can buy another gun, so thats out of the question.... I always shoot at the same range, so maybe going to a different one would help. I have also shot trap a few times, and like doing that, but not having a good trap gun puts me at the mercy of a guy that is ever so nice and lets me use one of his Model 12's.....

Thanks for all the advice guys, its appreciated!

Get a buddy to shoot with you, try some drills. After my friend and I did this standing there shooting whatever is boring now. And the drills make you better! Its a win win, I like "El Presidente" and some Marine Corps MARSOC qualificatons. I'm dying to get back out there and do it again!! :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right now, I am not at a point where I can buy another gun, so thats out of the question.... I always shoot at the same range, so maybe going to a different one would help. I have also shot trap a few times, and like doing that, but not having a good trap gun puts me at the mercy of a guy that is ever so nice and lets me use one of his Model 12's.....

Thanks for all the advice guys, its appreciated!

Having a friend that is a fanatic about trap shooting has gotten me a really sweet Russian made over under trap gun. It was cheap coming from him and is a dedicated trap gun. Feels like a freaking howitzer when you swing it up and is a ball to shoot with. I was not looking to get this it just happened. Friends in the hobby/sport are real jewels.
    WE have met and maintained some real friendships on this journey. I am headed out today to kill some cardboard with some of those people. Wish you could come along.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I think another problem is my wife's cousin. He texts me DAILY about AR's... To the point its past annoying. I used to love shooting my AR, and looking at stuff for it, but anymore, I dont even want to think about it. I dont know why my mind track is this way about it, but it didnt happen to he started going crazy about it.....

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Took the words right out of my mouth! I was at a large gun auction last Nov and picked up a Marlin 30-30 lever action for $250 with original scope and mounts (scope says Marlin on it!) and dated it to 1976 and its 99.5% condition. Thing looks practically brand new. I absolutely love this rifle! It will be one of my guns that gets handed down to my son (he is 2 now) when Im gone or cant operate a firearm safely anymore. I will never sell that rifle!:rockwoot:
    Rep inbound Spike!

Thank you, a friend of mine has one in a 44. And that may be the route I go as well, plus it reminds me of my dads style of rifles. Bought a shogun for him a few years ago at a gun show, broke it down rebuilt it, and had a friend who does custom woodworking redo the stock + some custom engraving. That took away some of my same old routine habits, and got me interested in a new type of firearm.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    I had to revive this thread because the same thing is happening to me: I'm getting into a rut with my target shooting, and my enthusiasm for traveling to the range is diminishing lately.

What's worse -- and humbling to admit -- is that I actually gave advice in this thread which isn't working! I routinely shoot at steel (which was my advice), but I think what's missing is a shooting buddy, as several of you have already suggested. I think that it helps, perhaps, just to have made the commitment to someone that I'll be out at the range at this-or-that time. Then I won't find an excuse to not go, because I've told someone I'll be there.

This is what prompted me to join the INGO group, MCF&G, in hopes of meeting up with others. Meanwhile, I've ordered a new optic sight for my 15-22 (or I might install it on one of my rimfire pistols..?); I AM looking forward to this new red-dot optic. And depending upon how things go with that sight, I might use it in FNS. Dunno yet..

But anyway, so I don't feel like I totally co-opted the thread - OP, have you found any relief from your own rut? I think that ennui, eventually, is a fairly common phenomenon with many hobbies and interests.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    mabye its time to start pushing your and your guns limits. that that 22 and shoot it at further ranges, or get a dueling tree style target and see see how fast you can run it and keep trying to beat your previous time.

for me personally i get the most pleasure in 2 areas of shooting,

1 taking a gun that most folks say cant do x and praticing until i can do x with that gun. (like my 22 at 500 yards)

2 getting kids out and teaching them to shoot. not only is this good to protect the 2nd amendment, but i have more fun watching them get better and achieve their goals than i do achieving my own. kids get better so fast because they dont have bad habits to unlearn, they are a blank slate

Top Bottom