Alternatives to carrying your LTCH (and not a badge)!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I found that once I reduced it down I could photocopy 10 on each 8.5x11 piece of paper. I had the right color in stock in my office, so made about 10 sheets of them, cut them up, and had each laminated. Now I have enough Lifetime LTCH to last me a lifetime. I have the added bonus of having a spare in each vehicle and each gun case and my B.O.B.. What I didn't have a place for went in the safe.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    a) copy onto pink paper at 88%, sign it, and laminate it. Make several copies and put the original in the safe. When one copy gets worn out, sign and laminate the next. I actually keep a few sign/laminated copies around anyway (wallet, range bag, my wife's purse - like she could find it in there!).

b) Since driving a car has nothing to do with carrying a firearm, I'd prefer to keep them separate.

c) Why do we even need a pink piece of paper anyway? If the card is so much of an inconvenience, lets lobby to do away with it altogether. All non-felon adults are automatically "licensed to carry". Indiana is a "shall issue" state, so we are almost there anyway. The State already has a list of felons. Why do they need a list of non-felons? Maybe hand out little pink pieces of paper at 18th birthday parties, so we can carry in other states as well.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Texas Concealed Handgun License is a picture license that looks like a drivers license. It is almost completely accepted everywhere. (of course you have to keep renewing it) The lack of a picture on ours is part of the reason it is not accepted everywhere. (but it is available as lifetime)
    Yeah, I had one of the Texas jobs. I had to pay a pretty penny and jump through hoops to get it. I'll take the pretty pink Indiana one any time. Last week at the Kentucky State Fair, I found a bi-fold wallet that had more than one driver's license type holders in it. You know the type, with a little hole in the middle of the window. Now I can carry my handgun license easily. Shop around for a wallet like that and you'll be set.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Texas Concealed Handgun License is a picture license that looks like a drivers license. It is almost completely accepted everywhere. (of course you have to keep renewing it) The lack of a picture on ours is part of the reason it is not accepted everywhere. (but it is available as lifetime)

Wrong try again with a better reason than Ours does not have a Picture that is why no place takes it...

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    I always wondered why they looked cheap and agree with some.. looks like i could make one in about 5 minutes... but i had mine laminated at kinkos... I agree with AF Gunner.. Should be like an endorsement on your license.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    Yeah, get pulled over on a basic traffic violation in Chicago and let us know how well that goes.

I can understand that. Though I had a pretty bad experience right here in Indiana. When they run you licence I think it already tells them you have a carry permit. I know if I'm asked again if I'm carrying the answer will most likely be no, unless they really need to know. Their life is in no danger from not knowing. They sure made me feel unconformable once they found out and turned it damn near into a felony stop. Three cars six cop and one speeding ticket latter.

So if I have to go through that because it is on my licence. I take it back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I can understand that. Though I had a pretty bad experience right here in Indiana. When they run you licence I think it already tells them you have a carry permit. I know if I'm asked again if I'm carrying the answer will most likely be no, unless they really need to know. Their life is in no danger from not knowing. They sure made me feel unconformable once they found out and turned it damn near into a felony stop. Three cars six cop and one speeding ticket latter.

There are only a FEW of Indiana's 92 counties that this information comes up as.

And I don't want it as an endorsement on my DL. Simply because a LEO pulling me over doesn't need to know my personal business.

-J-

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Is there more to this story? I've been pulled over in Indiana for allegedly speeding and never got this kind of treatment.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I scanned mine, and reduced it very slightly. I found the perfect color pink paper that was almost as heavy as card stock. Printed, triple laminated it now fits perfectly into my card holder. The originals are safely locked away.

Very wise- I need to do that to mine. Thanks for heads up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Laminated my first one, and it frayed all to hell.

Laminated my newest one, and I rarely carry it anymore. It's too big laminated to fit in my card-holder, so I'll throw caution to the wind. I OC everywhere I go, and have been for years... I've never been asked to present my LTCH to anyone (aside from a cop when pulled over.)

I'll look for a better solution later this year when I move and get a new addressed card... make copies, toss one in car.

Top Bottom