Alternatives to carrying your LTCH (and not a badge)!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Only because I've naturally been a prankster for most of my young life,
    I almost titled this relating to a LTCH Badge inquiry... but I didn't have it in me. :rockwoot:

For serious discussion...

I'm unfortunately one of those guys that conceal carries a billfold that props me to the right sitting down
    because there's so much crap/receipts/papers/cards, etc...
    Even having my LTCH laminated properly, it's still rolling/bending on it's corners and it's really starting to drive me nuts.

As much as I love the Handgun Carry Badges, I'm wondering if any of you have looked into having it made on something more wallet friendly much like a credit card;
    OR, if someone offers a legal service to 'convert' an official LTCH to something better quality than printer paper.

Feedback is always appreciated.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Only because I've naturally been a prankster for most of my young life,
    I almost titled this relating to a LTCH Badge inquiry... but I didn't have it in me. :rockwoot:

For serious discussion...

I'm unfortunately one of those guys that conceal carries a billfold that props me to the right sitting down
    because there's so much crap/receipts/papers/cards, etc...
    Even having my LTCH laminated properly, it's still rolling/bending on it's corners and it's really starting to drive me nuts.

As much as I love the Handgun Carry Badges, I'm wondering if any of you have looked into having it made on something more wallet friendly much like a credit card;
    OR, if someone offers a legal service to 'convert' an official LTCH to something better quality than printer paper.

Feedback is always appreciated.

You can always contact Don's for their CCP with nifty little holders :lol2:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have wondered why the LTCH looks so fake. It looks like I could make it in about 45 seconds in MSW.

I wouldn't mind if the LTCH was a photo ID, similar to a driver's licence in the sense that it is hard plastic and full of anti-counterfeit stuff. I also wouldn't mind if we had constitutional carry.

Flame on

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Very valuable feedback... Thank you.

That's exactly what I was looking for...

Either someone that uses higher quality/thicker lamination,
    or offered a service to actually replace the LTCH with something more durable.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    My problem with the damn thing is it is larger than standard size business card or drivers license! I had to trim it down on the sides to get it to fit in a standard wallet card holder. And really it needs trimmed even more but if I cut anymore it will hit the text. WTF is the deal? Would it have been so hard to use standard business card size templates?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I scanned mine, and reduced it very slightly. I found the perfect color pink paper that was almost as heavy as card stock. Printed, triple laminated it now fits perfectly into my card holder. The originals are safely locked away.

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    I scanned mine, and reduced it very slightly. I found the perfect color pink paper that was almost as heavy as card stock. Printed, triple laminated it now fits perfectly into my card holder. The originals are safely locked away.
    Had a friend that made reduced copies, and put them inside the grips of his CC guns. Just in case something happened and he didn't have his regular license with him.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My problem with the damn thing is it is larger than standard size business card or drivers license! I had to trim it down on the sides to get it to fit in a standard wallet card holder. And really it needs trimmed even more but if I cut anymore it will hit the text. WTF is the deal? Would it have been so hard to use standard business card size templates?
    Ditto. After laminating mine I barely got it in my wallet. I got pulled over and had to remove it. By the time I got it out of my wallet the LEO was losing patience with me and made a comment about how I should have it secured in a more effecient manner. It wasn't a pleasant stop all around and no reason to pull me over anyway. NO tickets or warnings. Ok "whine time" over.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My wife and I went straight to the office store and had a thick lamination put on ours. They are right down the street from Plainfield Shooting Supplies. The lady there said she gets a lot of people who want that done. She knew just what size to trim it for us n everything.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    First order of business... Dump the tri-fold wallet and at least get a bi-fold...

My LTCH, even laminated, fits very very well in my wallet.

It did NOT fit very well in my tri-fold...

Also, clean your wallet out. Seriously. It can really and truly lead to long-term back / hip issues by sitting on it.

-J-

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Texas Concealed Handgun License is a picture license that looks like a drivers license. It is almost completely accepted everywhere. (of course you have to keep renewing it) The lack of a picture on ours is part of the reason it is not accepted everywhere. (but it is available as lifetime)

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I carry a badge on a bling chain around my neck.......I have another badge on my belt for the whole world to see...........plus I have a badge in my wallet like a cop does.............who needs a piece of pink paper?????:dunno:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis

The Texas Concealed Handgun License is a picture license that looks like a drivers license. It is almost completely accepted everywhere. (of course you have to keep renewing it) The lack of a picture on ours is part of the reason it is not accepted everywhere. (but it is available as lifetime)
    My original is tucked away in my safe as well. Florida's is like Texas, when I went shooting at an indoor range with my Brother-in-law in FL the guy at the range looked at my Indiana license kinda funny. I just old him we keep it simple in Indiana. Musta been new, could not beleive he had not seen an ILTC before. He liked the lifetime though, thought every state should have that!

Top Bottom