• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Anyone have a alternative around the same price? I'm going to put AR15 builds on hold save up the money and buy a new shotgun. My 870 will not stop jamming

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That's unusual for an 870. Can you describe the problem in more detail? Shell jams going into the chamber? Fore end jams on the action bars? Failure to extract?

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Ill pay shipping if you want to get right of it :laugh:

But seriously, what problems are you having with it? I have a couple thousand rounds through mine and have never had a problem with it, short of shooting 3 rounds of trap in a row...about 20 clays into the 3rd one, it didnt want to extract easily...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How many AR builds do you have going on now? 3? What are you shooting? I've heard about people having some jamming issues with cheap ammo. Should have gotten a Mossberg 500.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've had issues with mine when it's 20 degrees or below and it's got too much oil on it. Other than that, it's always just shucked rounds into and out of the chamber. I'll give you $175 for it.

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Winchester 1300 nice used ones around 350$ and the pump does not rattle as much as a mossberg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    very unusual for an 870.....been around for several decades and been the #1 most sold shotgun in history for a reason......I'd look into the ammo first, it often makes a difference...if not, then take it apart, post pics, provide descriptions, etc......if you're anywhere close I'd take a look at it but your profile indicates you're not.........if absolutely necessary the next best thing, and often a little cheaper is mossberg 500....just about equally reliable...PROBABLY the #2 most sold shotgun, but that's just a theory no proof

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    The shells will not extract. I can only got through 3 or 4 rounds before it jams. I then have to take the barrel off and use a pocket knife to extract the shells. I do not want to be in the field hunting when this happens. I love the gun its just I don't like the jamming. I have been using black cloud steel shot. The action feels all crusty when I rack it too

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    if you ever come back to Indy I'd take care of it for you....but anyhow, I'm not familiar with the type of ammo you mentioned...but if they are paper hulls and not plastic......they have a reputation for swelling and causing jams with moisture....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    if you ever come back to Indy I'd take care of it for you....but anyhow, I'm not familiar with the type of ammo you mentioned...but if they are paper hulls and not plastic......they have a reputation for swelling and causing jams with moisture....

It is a Federal shell. And yeah, I've read about it causing some jams. Usually an issue with the plastic expanding a little too much in semi autos. I haven't ever shot Black Cloud so I don't have first hand experience with that problem. Might want to take a look at the ejected hulls.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It is a Federal shell. And yeah, I've read about it causing some jams. Usually an issue with the plastic expanding a little too much in semi autos. I haven't ever shot Black Cloud so I don't have first hand experience with that problem. Might want to take a look at the ejected hulls.

well, that very well could be your problem.....back when I was younger I used to compete in trap...and even back then Federal had a reputation for expanding problems....I always reloaded and bought winchester rounds.......change up your ammo and try again....then let us know

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    well, that very well could be your problem.....back when I was younger I used to compete in trap...and even back then Federal had a reputation for expanding problems....I always reloaded and bought winchester rounds.......change up your ammo and try again....then let us know
    Sometimes I use winchester. Sometimes I mix different brand in 1 tube ect ect

Top Bottom