• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    Has anyone seen an alternative to the Hornady case feeder for the LnL? Is it possible to get a feeder without the automated electric sorting/tube feeding device? It would be nice to be able to have a less expense alternative case feeder even if it meant hand filling the tube.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I made a case feeder using the feeder tubes from a Lee Pro 1000 press, a block of hardwood and a 1/4 inch rod. Basically mimics the Hornady case feeder with out all the expensive extras. Difficult to explain without pictures, I know, but I don't have any at this time. I will try to get some this weekend. I have loaded a little over 1500 rounds using this set up and it is working very well. There are videos on youtube also. That is where I got my idea.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Mine too. I contacted Hornady and for the parts I want (not the electric stuff up top nor the square tubing, and I'm leaving out a few other parts, too) would run me between $75 and $100. I'll be ordering those when I get the cash flow a little more in my favor.

Darn sight better than what they charge for the whole thing!

Blessings,
    Bill

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    Mine too. I contacted Hornady and for the parts I want (not the electric stuff up top nor the square tubing, and I'm leaving out a few other parts, too) would run me between $75 and $100. I'll be ordering those when I get the cash flow a little more in my favor.

Darn sight better than what they charge for the whole thing!

Blessings,
    Bill

I hadn't thought about that. Great Idea!:yesway:

Jdirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I use the hornady case feeder die & acrylic tube for an aquarium. You load the tube just like the primer tube. You need to support the top. I think I have $45 bucks in it and can rock & roll. It takes me a tube and a half of bullets per tube of primers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I use the hornady case feeder die & acrylic tube for an aquarium. You load the tube just like the primer tube. You need to support the top. I think I have $45 bucks in it and can rock & roll. It takes me a tube and a half of bullets per tube of primers.

Sounds like you're talking about the bullet feeder, not the case feeder. Good info, and thanks for posting it; I'm sure someone will use this info, too. This is more about the mechanism to feed the cases into the shell plate, though. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm gonna say Bad Words(tm) now.

Seems I waited too long. Hornady is no longer selling just the parts, you have to buy the whole bloody thing. I don't want the electronics and I don't want to spend $400+ on it... I just want something to feed my cases down when I'm loading.

Anyone have a set of plans I can follow? I don't want to go bending and rebending a metal rod by trial and error, and I don't want to have to cut and recut parts to make them fit

:xmad: :soapbox: :ranton:

Eventually, I may use Jdirt's idea for bullet feeding, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Rem, great job on the homemade case feeder. It is fun to use stuff that you design and fabricate with simple tools and materials. Esp. when it works so good. There is beauty in simplicity.

Here is a link to video of the case feeder I made:
    http://youtu.be/5jx749jtUQQ
    This version is rather choppy, if you click on the video while it is playing you will see the youtube version which is better.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bought my case feeder when they were still hovering around $200. I have some extra escapement parts but I don't think I have an extra actuator rod. For a complete case feeder, there are some tricks to smoothing it out.

Top Bottom