Altercation over an empty gun holster. Some advice please!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This is why you should always carry.

'Cause when a feller needs a pistol whippin', he needs it right now. :cool:

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Wait! I saw this one! They were germans, with swords and techno music. then this one guy hit one with a bowling ball and bit off another mans ear, while their friend died of a heart attack. I can't remember the name of the movie, it was about this Big guy named lebowski, he had lots of money and then there was this other guy named lebowski it was your classic mix up kind of movie. Now that I think of it. The name of the movie was.

"Log jammin" or "Gutter balls"

Good night sweet prince
    My top 5 favorite movie of all time. But, no on the serious end I myself would've fought his a$$, may or may not have won, without my firearm. But at least I would've gave it a good shot. MHO is that if you're going to carry, carry all the time. You have paid for a liscense, paid for a sidearm, hopefully practiced for the maybe one potential time an altercation would arise, and you didn't have it. Bummer... Just don't be a di## like Walter Sobchack and pull during a league game, or your team will have to forfeit the game.
    walter-sobchak.jpg

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Press charges.

Stay away from the jerk.

Thoughts about talking with HR at work?

This is no reason to stop carrying.

Some people are just JERKS!

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    This is why I never remove my firearm. (unless in a federal building.) I do not care what anyone has to say. I also do not drink alcohol. If youre going to carry a firearm carry it. Man Up and stand up for yourself and all of us. . I would make sure to have a knife on you if youre going to remove your firearm. You never know what that guy is going to do. He was obviously jealous that you could carry and he could not. If he comes at you violently draw down on his ass, tell him to stop moving, and call the poilce. If he does not stop and he means you harm you should know what you need to do to protect yourself. You should have known what to do in the situation when he hit you and you should have kicked him in the kneecap and beat the crap out of him.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Man Up and stand up for yourself and all of us.

Uh, no, don't drag me into this.

He was obviously jealous that you could carry and he could not.

Obviously? Maybe he just thinks the OP is a whimpering nancy boy and decided this was his chance, now that there was no gun in play. Or maybe... well, you get the idea.

Really. I need a time out.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    In all seriousness, now that he knows you will cover for him with the police and not press charges for the sake of some ridiculous company policy or whatever, he can beat your @$$ with relative impunity and will probably do so whenever he feels like it.

Just something to consider. :twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Next time... MAN UP!

Nobody is gonna punch me in the face and run off. Don't stop carrying because of this jagbag. This jagbag is the reason we do carry.

Agreed. Put the bastard behind bars. And carry ALL THE TIME.

Giving your lunch money to a bully ensures that you will always go hungry.

ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    In all seriousness, now that he knows you will cover for him with the police and not press charges for the sake of some ridiculous company policy or whatever, he can beat your a$$ with relative impunity and will probably do so whenever he feels like it.

Just something to consider. :twocents:

This...

Go to HR and file a complaint. If you get fired, you have the complaint on record and you can use it for your defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can say is I would kick the living crap out of him at my first opportunity. You should have sensed this coming and not allowed him to get close enough to hit you. If you were carrying he could have easily disarmed you. We have to remain vigilant of our surroundings and aware of folks like him. I would have seen him coming and once he committed to stupidity, decked his but, told him why and left. That is just me.
    I do not know you but we have to be ever vigilant. His actions from earlier, you knowing he was an idiot, this should raise flags. If you carry, be aware. Do not stop but get yourself into a mindset not to let this happen again. We do not have to "Walk tall billy badass" just get some personal training and do not ever let anyone inside of your strike zone un-less you are giving them a hug. Just my ever so humble opinion.

Top Bottom