• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hansolo777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Hello. I just wanted to say that the steel is far from so so. The steel they use is actually an excellent steel and is actually better than AUS-8, which no one I know has ever had a problem with. Also I did some tests on the one I bought and man is it great. I beat the sides of the handle (a Primal Force Folder ) to see if it would break. I slammed the hammer into it several times an the Micarta held up and had only superficial damage.

Then My friend took the blade and hit it against the back of a vise grip and yeah the sharp edge dulled some (nothing a sharpening stone can't fix in a few passes). Then again any knife will dull with that abuse, but to my suprise I looked at the hardened steel back of the vise and it had actually cut into the metal!! This weekend I'm going to shoot it a few times and see what happens.

I also did some research and foud a similar knife would run over 25% more. So I disagree with the statement you can get an equal or better knife, for less.

I would buy from them again and am very happy that I bought this knife. It's great quality at a great price. I actually prefer it over my spyder co. A few other people I know have them and they are all very happy and use them daily.

I

Hansolo777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Hello. I just wanted to say that the steel is far from so so. The steel they use is actually an excellent steel and is actually better than AUS-8, which no one I know has ever had a problem with. Also I did some tests on the one I bought and man is it great. I beat the sides of the handle (a Primal Force Folder ) to see if it would break. I slammed the hammer into it several times an the Micarta held up and had only superficial damage.

Then My friend took the blade and hit it against the back of a vise grip and yeah the sharp edge dulled some (nothing a sharpening stone can't fix in a few passes). Then again any knife will dull with that abuse, but to my suprise I looked at the hardened steel back of the vise and it had actually cut into the metal!! This weekend I'm going to shoot it a few times and see what happens.

I also did some research and foud a similar knife would run over 25% more. So I disagree with the statement you can get an equal or better knife, for less.

I would buy from them again and am very happy that I bought this knife. It's great quality at a great price. I actually prefer it over my spyder co. A few other people I know have them and they are all very happy and use them daily.

I

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

I

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS/shill on this. I kinda like knives:): and tend to know a thing or two about them especially the steel. the steel used is a chinese made steel made to replicate AUS steel, I have the same steel in my spyderco tenacious. I gave the knife a thorough once over and it looks like some guy bought a package deal from the tv knife shopping network and set up a table at the show. so as not to leave this post on a sour note I did however like the anso style grips.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol i have to agree with tyler. the steel isn't the best and you can do much better for around the same price. you have posted about in about all 6 of your posts. you like the knife thats cool but plss let it go stop pushing it so hard.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy

I

Why do I have a strange suspicion that you are one of the young guys that was selling the AB knives at the 1500 :)

I bought and like it, but your post is a bit too overboard to sound like a true review.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I looked at them at the show. I have seen much worse, I bet they work just fine and I am sure the steel is fine for many purposes. That said did I buy one NO. I defer to Tyler for more precise analysis of the steel,construction, etc. but I know enough to say I dont need anymore chinese knives that really at the end of the day dont offer me any advantage. That all aside if hansolo does not work for the company how do you think the warranty will hold up when he and luke skywalker blow up that knife. I would never pay good money to abuse a knife like that. Did I read that right "shhot is a few times" ok if that is a joke you got me. or is someone channeling their inner 13 year old boy. "cool butthead take moms credit card and buy some knives then we will tear them up cool"

Hansolo777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    I was not at the show. I had to work that weekend. But as to the comment about my posts. I just really like the knife it's a great deal and I will post the info to another site on here where they did a review of the steel. I also want to clarify my comment about the excellent steel. It's all about the heat treating and is an excellent steel for its price.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

Hansolo777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    What Knives are you saying are way better than there knives? What do you use them for because you don't clarify that nor say why you think the steel is only so so. So your opion can be based on nothing at all or mere hear say.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    again i am not trying to argue here. i am glad you like your knife and its working out for you but as far as your research goes on finding that they are about 25% cheaper than comparable knifes. i read that on their website also :)

how much did you pay for the knife if you don't mind me asking, i saw the prices at the gun show but didn't know maybe you got it cheaper

Hansolo777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    I also didn't trust the website so I checked for 8Cr13MoV of the same lenght and with Micarta handles then Aus-8 knives with the same handles.

Hansolo777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    I am not trying to argue I learn through debate and am interested in what Tyler means by "so so." i don't disagree that there are better knives out there at higher price ranges. However, in the $125-50 price range I think it is up there in the top ten I've tested. I base my judgements of materials on corrosion resistance, durability, sharpness, edge retention, and the brittleness of the materials.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom