• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I can't believe this thread doesn't already exist. This thread will be about all things beer. Please discuss your favorite, your special occasion, your not so favorites, or just your about any other reason beers.

Being in the Navy I was able to sample my fair share of beers. I would say my favorite has to be Toohey's from Australia.
    tooheys_new_large.jpg

Being older now and having a bit more experience I treat beer like some do wine. I think different beers go better with different foods or different situations. What say you?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm a beer geek, we've already had a similar beer-related thread here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/8258-so_who_here_likes_beer.html

But that was started a while ago, I'll play along in the new one. Here are just a few of my favorites:

Flying Dog's Gonzo Imperial Porter:
    Flying_Dog_Gonzo_Imperial_Porter.jpg

Dogfish Head's 90 minute IPA:

90_min_3shot.jpg

Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout

kbs.jpg

Bell's Two Hearted Ale:

two_hearted_ale.png

Sam Adam's Octoberfest:

samuel-adams-octoberfest.gif

Besides guns and cars, my next big thing is beer. I've been a member of Beeradvocate.com for quite a while now, it's a forum much like INGO, great resource loaded with great people and tons of information. You can also review beer on there as well.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I am a big fan of Shanty Irish by warbird brewing co, out of Ft. Wayne
    warbird_shanty.jpg

For a hot summer day, I enjoy Summer wheat. Tastes like fruit loops :)
    434319.jpg

Can't go wrong with any of the Sam adams either (and it is cheap to buy at costco :) )

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't stomach the Gumballhead. Tastes like grapefruit. :puke:

My current favorites are Shiner Bock and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. The shandy was surprising to me as I normally don't like any of Leinenkugel's (including the Summer Wheat).

I've also been drinking Shock Top and Blue Moon.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got started on beer in Germany and my favorite is Hefe Weizen. My general rule is that if you can see through it, it isn't any good. The only beer that I've had that I would absolutely refuse if someone bought for me is Guiness. That is the nastiest rot gut crap I've ever had. I don't want to taste the beer once it gets past my throat and the taste of Guiness never leaves.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'm a hop head, and I like it that way. Keeps my buddies from drinking all my beer at tailgates! I also am big into supporting Midwest, specifically Indiana, breweries.

Hop Slam - crafted by Bells Brewery Bell's HopSlam Ale - Bell's Brewery, Inc. - BeerAdvocate

Dreadnaught - crafted by Three Floyds Brewery Dreadnaught IPA - Three Floyds Brewing Co. / Brewery & Pub - BeerAdvocate

Alpha King - crafted by Three Floyds Brewery Alpha King Pale Ale - Three Floyds Brewing Co. / Brewery & Pub - BeerAdvocate

And of course, a warm weather staple, good old Bell's Oberon. Sorry Bloomington, no Upland in the house...we're Boilermakers. :)

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Guinness is my particular favorite, but having spent consdierable time in Belgium the last couple of years I have developed quite the taste for Chimay Blue and Grimbergen Optimo.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Bell's Two Hearted Ale:

I had that once...never again. A little bitter for my taste.

I enjoy all sorts of beer, from the Mexican variety, to micro-brews, Sam Adams varieties, Leinenkugel's, the list goes on.

Scutter, the first time I tried the Summer Shandy I didn't know what to think. I didn't expect a beer/lemonade mixture, but it was quite refreshing.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I had that once...never again. A little bitter for my taste.

I enjoy all sorts of beer, from the Mexican variety, to micro-brews, Sam Adams varieties, Leinenkugel's, the list goes on.

Scutter, the first time I tried the Summer Shandy I didn't know what to think. I didn't expect a beer/lemonade mixture, but it was quite refreshing.

+1

It tasted like it was laced with Pine Sol for some reason.

I love beer, but not the cheap crap that masquerades as beer in the US.

Guinness
    Paulaner Weiss
    Erdinger Weiss
    Chimay Blue (9% alcohol and tasty!)
    Sam Adams Boston Lager, Summer Ale, Winter Ale, Black Lager, ANY of the Imperial series.......
    Modelo Especial w/ lime is great on a hot summer day
    Upland Wheat, also a favorite summer brew
    Smithwick's
    Dogfish Head 60/90/120 minute IPA

I have to find a place nearby that has a good selection, I love trying new beers. Yogi's in Bloomington was decent in that regard. I'm gonna miss that place.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    +1 for the Chimay Blue... a fine beer.

The Two Hearted does have a pretty strong taste, but I wouldn't say it goes as far as the Dogfish 120 minute IPA (or the 90 minute for that matter). That said, I can only go through a six pack of these (over the course of a week)... If I buy 12, they start making me feel a little sick.

Anybody else demand the right glass for their beer? Maybe somebody should start a beer glass pron thread!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I got started on beer in Germany and my favorite is Hefe Weizen. My general rule is that if you can see through it, it isn't any good. The only beer that I've had that I would absolutely refuse if someone bought for me is Guiness. That is the nastiest rot gut crap I've ever had. I don't want to taste the beer once it gets past my throat and the taste of Guiness never leaves.

:+1:

Same here... I'd take anything over a Guiness..

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Here's my top ones in order:

1) Ommegang Abbey
    2) Spaten Optimator
    3) Chimay
    4) Brugge Black
    4) Smithwicks (That's pronounced "smitticks" - don't make a fool out of yourself and call it "smith wicks" when you order it.)
    5) Sam Adams Octoberfest (getting cheaper)
    6) JD's Honey Brown (the cheapest beer I'll drink)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    brewbeer.jpg

brew-your-own-beer2.jpg

I brew my own and enjoy my own beer. As soon as a month or two rounds, I'm going to start my own hard cider batch from the local orchard.

I really like the following beers:

brauerei.spezialitaeten.produktpalette.01.jpg

guinness-draft1.jpg

UPLAND%20WHEAT%20ALE.jpg

I am very passionate about beer.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I love beer!

I don't have one favorite beer or even a favorite style of beer.....I just love beer....as long as it's not fizzy yellow **** water.

Here is a link to a list of beers that I currently have in my cellar. I really need to start drinking some of these, but I hate drinking alone.

http://home.comcast.net/~qarre/beer.xls

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I don't have one favorite beer or even a favorite style of beer.....I just love beer....as long as it's not fizzy yellow **** water.

Here is a link to a list of beers that I currently have in my cellar. I really need to start drinking some of these, but I hate drinking alone.

http://home.comcast.net/~qarre/beer.xls

Party at Indybeer 's house!!!

Top Bottom