• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airguns are tools and they are useful to firearms safety and training.

• Total voters

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Airguns!!!!!!! They are not toys.
    I love them as much as I do my regular firearms!

Anybody else like to plink, go pesting, or collect airguns?

Should this topic remain in the general firearms discussion catagory or is it worthy of its very own catagory here on INGO?

What do you think fellas???

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Toys, no. I own one for suburban pest control. Wish I had a Db meter, because I bet its as loud as my 22 is.
    Does it warrant a subforum? I dunno....let the poll speak for itself on that.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    One of the best training tools. About 28 years ago I got interested in handgun competition. I was the worst shot in the state with a handgun. Couldn't hit nothing so over the winter I went into the basement and shot 3000 shots a month with a Beeman P1 pellet pistol.
    I learned so much about trigger control and sight alignment. When spring rolled around I was actually a decent shot, enough so that I went to the top 5 at the indoor leagues that we were shooting at the time.
    My air rifles at some of the most accurate guns I have owned. I have hunted with them and used them for pest control.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Best training tool their is, if anyone thinks air guns are toys check out some of the new 25 30 and 45 calibers some will go clean thru a deer.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This made me think of the Noir video from not too long ago... Starting at about 1:50

[video=youtube;8fJn3uaMOGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJn3uaMOGM[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This made me think of the Noir video from not too long ago... Starting at about 1:50

[video=youtube;8fJn3uaMOGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJn3uaMOGM[/video]

Somehow I missed that vid. Thanks for posting. I can think of one or two other threads where that needs to be posted.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Really enjoy mine. Got my first real adult airgun about 1.5 years ago, and since then I've shot probably 10 times as many pellets as have powder driven bullets. Mostly use it for plinking and practice, but am seriously considering something more powerful for hunting. Nothing like being able to shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot some more for a buck.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I love my 22 air rifle for squirrel hunting. It is so quiet I don't scare away everything in the woods around me. What is awesome are the built in suppressors airguns have these days. There is nothing better than hunting with one and hearing the loud smack of the pellet hitting a squirrel broadside.

I enjoy setting up dimes at 15 yards and nailing them. The damn things are accurate if u get a good one with good seals and lock up.

One can really learn trigger control with the looonnngg trigger pull of most break barrels.

My favorite part is I shoot them in my basement in the winter. It's nice having a 15 yard range in the basement. During the holidays all the little ones take turns shooting. It is pretty awesome watching 5-9 year Olds nailing pennies at 10 yards. And it's funny watching my friends shoot the ground right in front of them with double action revolvers as well. My nieces and nephews have more trigger discipline than my friends.

Top Bottom