• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I Just found this on another forum. Anybody here hear anything about this happening?

"Gentlemen,

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with my firearms(which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very frightening thing happened at work yesterday. I was ordered to fill out a list containing my firearm information. This included make, model, caliber, and serial number of all firearms I currently posses. In addition, I was also required to list registration information, location of all weapons individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I posses. If you are like me, then the people you work with know you have firearms. So I had to list at least some. I tried to talk to my 1sg(who is normally aproachable through proper channels) to find out what this is for, and I was basically told, "I don't give a !&@%, just put your info on the form." I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in other units at Fort Campbell as well. It just seems alittle coincidental to me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President in history is inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are put on the table in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting what amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they are off post, and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why(not even a BS one). I fear something really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in almost 8 years, and never have any of my units asked for this information. If any of you out there have any info as to what all this crap is about please chime in. Otherwise consider yourself warned.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That has been policy since the Clinton era at least '95ish. Not really enforced unless you live on base or are a dirtbag. Besides if I live off post even your commander can NOT just walk into your home without a warrant of some kinda. On post it is a little more dicey, there are certain circumstances that have to be met to allow them to just drop by. So how will they know? And besides I don't own any weapons, my wife does though is a real good way around that rule.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    You know, that sounds just like the questions that was on the job application for work in the Obama Administration a while back.

If you live off base, could you just offer a couple of .22's or an old beater shotgun for your list?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This doesn't surprise me in the least. You don't have constitutional rights in the military and they are never shy or reminding you about it. It reminds me of the attitudes of the old school military guys who long for the days of beating privates to return. I'm sorry but what kind of eff'in coward locks a guy up at attention and hits them? What are we, the Soviets? It pains me to know that those who are supposed to defend the God given and constitutional rights are so quick to trample on those who have less rank than them.

And no, I was never hit by anyone in the military so this isn't out of bitterness. I have mixed feelings about my service. I'm glad I did it but after learning how bastardized our institution that is our military had become, I wondered if my service had any purpose. I hate myself for that feeling because I LOVE my country and everything it is supposed to represent.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know, that sounds just like the questions that was on the job application for work in the Obama Administration a while back.

If you live off base, could you just offer a couple of .22's or an old beater shotgun for your list?

I would seriously sell every single one I had and bring in a bill of sale to hand to the first sergeant along with a funeral notice for the death of freedom. Then I'd start my collection over and never speak a word of it to anyone in uniform.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I would seriously sell every single one I had and bring in a bill of sale to hand to the first sergeant along with a funeral notice for the death of freedom. Then I'd start my collection over and never speak a word of it to anyone in uniform.

Hell, I think most of us would be willing to give him a bill of sale and then hold them in trust for him until he needs them. Then happily return them.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    This is a new one on me. Even after events I have seen or read about the last few years of soldiers killing their spouse no one ever questioned which soldiers owned personal firearms, either on or off post. The only registration I have ever seen was for firearms kept on the base, and they were registered and tagged with the Provost Marshal. When I was in Benning 2 years ago, personal arms could be kept in a lockbox in housing, not even required to be kept in the unit arms room. I know the Army is changing, and I don't think it is for the better.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You wanna **** of your chain of command sell them to your wife, then give your commander the bill of sale.

When I was in Germany I got tired of the lets weekly inspect your car BS. Sold them to my wife. She told the commander to get bent when he TOLD her she had to have the cars inspected every week.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    You wanna **** of your chain of command sell them to your wife, then give your commander the bill of sale.

When I was in Germany I got tired of the lets weekly inspect your car BS. Sold them to my wife. She told the commander to get bent when he TOLD her she had to have the cars inspected every week.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::rofl::rofl::rofl:

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    This doesn't surprise me in the least. You don't have constitutional rights in the military and they are never shy or reminding you about it. It reminds me of the attitudes of the old school military guys who long for the days of beating privates to return. I'm sorry but what kind of eff'in coward locks a guy up at attention and hits them? What are we, the Soviets? It pains me to know that those who are supposed to defend the God given and constitutional rights are so quick to trample on those who have less rank than them.

And no, I was never hit by anyone in the military so this isn't out of bitterness. I have mixed feelings about my service. I'm glad I did it but after learning how bastardized our institution that is our military had become, I wondered if my service had any purpose. I hate myself for that feeling because I LOVE my country and everything it is supposed to represent.

let me guess, you were a recruiter.:)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This guy's chain of command is seriously failing him. Why? Because they care more about their careers than they do their soldiers. That attitude was rampant when I was in during the Clinton years. I had an E5 who openly admitted he only cared about his career and moving up. He would sit around thinking about what s shop job he should try to get to spiff up his 201. I was thrown under the bus by people who should have defended me.

I was an average soldier I guess. I was an 11M. I didn't get 250+ pt scores, didn't spit shine my boots, didn't starch my uniforms so they'd stand up, etc. But I did my job to the best of my ability and followed the regs.

I didn't know I was a good soldier until it came reenlistment time. I was made to stand in front of the Battalion Sergeant Major so he could try to intimidate me into reenlisting. I had to go to the battalion reenlistment all 3 times to tell him no. I told them to give me xray technician and Germany for 3 years and I'd reenlist. Told me I couldn't get both. I had made up my mind that I had given them myself for 3.5 years, it was my turn to get something out of it and they wouldn't give me an inch. I had a 123 gt score. I wasn't about to reenlist just so my nco's and officers could get another notch on their evaluation reports.

I'm sorry if I come off as a whiny bitch but I write all of this to bring up a bigger point. I'm reading Atlas Shrugged right now and I see the ramifications it has in all aspects of life. How long can we **** on the good soldiers with crap like the above before they all quit and get out? What will we be left with then? I served with a lot of good men but God help us if they all get out and we're only left with the dirtbags. I'm not denigrating a single person's service and I will always respect it regardless of their motives for joining.

Top Bottom