IunnUGr.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He's already been buried at sea. (That isn't being widely reported)
    They could've at least cut him up for bait. Well, what was left of him anyhow. I don't understand why they do this though... same with Bin Laden. Truly, they should spread his remains out on a tarp and photograph them and send them out to all those sympathetic to his "cause".

Or better yet (if there were enough left of him to do so), impale his body on a spike and leave it at the Syrian border. It seemed to work for Vlad the Impaler. That's what he did with the invading Muslim hordes.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Reckon how long it'll be before they kill Baghdadi again?
    The average for right now is about a year ever since April 2015.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They could've at least cut him up for bait. Well, what was left of him anyhow. I don't understand why they do this though... same with Bin Laden. Truly, they should spread his remains out on a tarp and photograph them and send them out to all those sympathetic to his "cause".

Or better yet (if there were enough left of him to do so), impale his body on a spike and leave it at the Syrian border. It seemed to work for Vlad the Impaler. That's what he did with the invading Muslim hordes.

EH_Z8q4XYAAldQj

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Well thank goodness we respected the religious beliefs of a murdering terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands. We sure wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Oh, but that WWI memorial that happens to be shaped like a cross? That's got to go! Oppression! Freedom FROM religion!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    One of my concerns about the Obama administration was the extra-judicial determinations about who the US kills outside of its borders, outside of combat.

Al-Baghdadi is no where close to the line where it becomes a problem. Moving down the chain of command... maybe.

This isn't a criticism of Trump's approach yet, partly because we don't know enough about how the decision is made. Just voicing a concern.

ETA:
    Just to re-iterate, this is the same concern-turned-criticism that I had about Obama's approach.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If being nominated to be CEO or COO of ISIS leads to immediate death from above or an ace of spades laid on your bullet-riddled corpse, the organization might have trouble filling leadership positions

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    "...outside of combat". ???

It'd be nice if they'd update the AUMF, but these guys are eligible to be killed on the spot, wherever that spot is, Syria, Iraq, Texas.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "...outside of combat". ???

It'd be nice if they'd update the AUMF, but these guys are eligible to be killed on the spot, wherever that spot is, Syria, Iraq, Texas.

Who are "these guys"? Any member of Daesh or AQ? I'm not familiar with the document that supports that. POTUS as CINC has authority over our forces, but that isn't exactly a license to kill. Or if it is, that would be a good thing to make clear.

And... no. Not in Texas. At least, not as I understand the rule of law in the US.

And abroad, it depends on the status of forces (or other treaty) with the country at issue. Or the lack of any such agreement, I guess.

Top Bottom