• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I hadn't seen these yet, and am pretty excited about them now. Pretty cool that Tromix is getting involved with them, all of his parts I've bought in the past have been awesome.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Front sight and carrying handle removed and C-More mounted.

picture.php

Last edited:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    How is that for a deer gun! Bambi look out..... I see a 20 round mag full of slugs coming down the line. Thats just too cool.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This is possibly, the worst gun I have ever held in my hands.

The "fire" and "safe" indicators... are... kid you not.. "Bedazzle Jewels".

One is clear, one is red. You know.. Diamond and Ruby.

Wow.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Wow.

Yeah*** its kind of cute bling.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Seems like it's a pretty neat idea that needs a little bit more refinement. I still wanna see a review of one of these things :ar15:

Review? From who? Im not a gun writer but what little I have shot mine its a keeper. Needs some more rounds thru it to find what it likes to eat for sure and how well it holds up will be deterimined by users. There is a bunch more info over on the S12 forums in the Akdal subforum. Tony just posted tonight about what parts he is making and when he hopes to have them out.

Im working on a oversize mag button at the moment for myself and if I can get some time on the mill at work and then some file time it should be in. Wont be pretty but it should work.

I will ad I do NOT like the way the mag release is put together with a bolt going thru the button and screwing into the catch. The button is about .010" less wide than a standard ar and about .020" less tall.

Tromix is also going to do one and Im sure he will make a nice one.
    Loctite should make it a non issue the way its made but I dont really see why they didnt just use a milspec mag catch and button. They are so close its silly but still not drop in.

IF I can buy OEM parts down the road I will be puting a 4mm button head from the catch thru to the button.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute

Wow.
    I had issues with the Rhinestone indicators until I was able to find a blue one. Once I figure out how to mount that one to my forehead, it should dramatically increase the fit, finish and function of the gun as I hold it in my hands.

Seems like it's a pretty neat idea that needs a little bit more refinement. I still wanna see a review of one of these things :ar15:
    I bought one of these for the potential I felt that it had for a games gun.
    Not a review, but my impressions are...

I like the fact that the front sight and carrying handle are easily removed. The slightly oversized rail may or may not be an issue depending on the type of mount utilized for a scope or red dot. Placement options are comparable to what you would find on a flat top AR.

Length of pull is slightly longer than an A2 stock. Too long for my intended purpose. Tromix has plans for an adapter, my understanding is that adjustables and folders will then be an option.

Mag release is undersized and over sprung. Shouldn't be an issue modifying. It works as is, but could be better.

Trigger is crisp, but is lawyer proof.

Pistol grip placement relative to the trigger is fine. Size and shape are easily modified.

IT HAS A MAGWELL AND UTILIZES MAGAZINES. No doubt that it's just a matter of time before hi caps are available.

I don't like the oval handguards. Quad rails will soon be available. I can't think of any reason round, aluminum handguards wouldn't be too.

Pre threaded for chokes and comes with 3 and a tool.

Out of the box reliability with reduced power loads appears to be hit or miss. Mine initially struggled with Federal bulk and 7/8 oz. handloads. With a booster ring from Tromix installed, the last 4 mags ran flawlessly. Not nearly enough rounds through it to base an opinion one way or another.

Gas operated action. Comparably smooth but appears to be over sprung. Haven't separated the two receivers yet so no idea whether polishing and/or contouring are in it's future. I would guess that they are.

Do I consider it a Saiga killer? Not yet. Give the American aftermarket manufacturers a few months and ask me in the spring.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    ...Do I consider it a Saiga killer? Not yet. Give the American aftermarket manufacturers a few months and ask me in the spring.

Thanks. I wanted to hear something a little more in depth than people on Youtube just shooting them. It sounds like it has the potential to be a pretty good gun. :yesway:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have a new MAG RELASE in now. I want to see what Tromix offers but this seems good for now. Didnt cut off any coils on the spring yet.
    Sorry for the typo it was late and I had a beer or two when I was done and posted.
    IMG_0245.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom