• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i paid $350 for mine (barrel nut no bayonet tang)and i dont think id pay a dime over than for another wasr 10, great fun rifle for a weekend shooter but not worth $500 by a long shot... watch the classified and gunshows id buy a yugo for that

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Got my AK. Did a trade, and it was taking out targets dead on at 50 yds. Put 60 rounds through it. It's a WASR 10/63.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    i personally refuse to buy firearms from gander mountain. they have average prices on high volume items such as 870's or 10/22's but everything else is way high and their customer service is heinous.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Mine isnt rough at all, I must have got a decent one ? Bought mine at the gun show back in march for $419 came with 3 mags. :ingo:
    There really not rough at all i dunno why everone has to trash the wasr's so bad there great rifles for what they are.... and thats a very basic ak.... there buy not means a collector ak but a service rifle... oh yes..... probly the biggest reason people hate the wasr is it a century rifle they mass produce them and when you mass produce them they have flaws.... there wood is rough, some have canted front sight post, sloppy mag wells,ect.... ( and being a marine and handling the number of ak's i have they all have about the same issues) its a battle rifle not a fine sniper rifle

Congrats on your wasr enjoy it i know i enjoy mine

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    That is a very good point. The one I got is very solid from what I could tell. All I cared was that it shot, and sturdy. Looks didn't bother me much. It's kind of like shooting a .22 but more fun.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Wasr's mostly shoot great, great way to get into AK type rifles! I've always heard that the 10/63's were a little better quality than the standard 10's but who knows. As long as the mag wobble wasnt bad and sights aren't canted it's an AK. Have fun and congrats on getting one!:)

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    Gander Mtn prices are usually high unless it's one of the sale items that they list in their flyer. I've heard of people finding good deals on used guns at Gander, but I've never spotted one.

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Cant wait to see gander selling 400 dollar AKs at 800 a piece. For a company with such buy power they sure go out of their way to pass on the savings to the customers.

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    gander is a good place to handle one, but buy em someplace else. its more than a mom&pop thing. its a terrible price on almost everything kinda thing.

also you might look at a yugo over a wasr, but that really is just my opinion.

best of luck with whatever you do.

stroyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Andersonville,IN
    Stay away from Gander Mountain. Over-priced guns and **** poor staff. The worst sporting goods store ever. I was more impressed with Walmart when they sold guns.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    gander is a good place to handle one, but buy em someplace else. its more than a mom&pop thing. its a terrible price on almost everything kinda thing.

also you might look at a yugo over a wasr, but that really is just my opinion.

best of luck with whatever you do.

The ONLY thing I've ever found a deal on over there was ammo...and even then, it wasn't that great of a deal.

Top Bottom