• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    SBR Draco project. Anybody input? I need GUNSMITH advice also!

What do you think? I would have to install a standard trunnion and I heard it adds 2 inches of stock length.
    http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16831&cat=251&page=2

Underfolder? What do you think?
    http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16829&cat=251&page=2

Original style I wonder how hard it would be to install?
    http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16194&cat=251&page=4

BTW these are the only options! Think Traditional! Thanks!

Last edited:

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    kvar makes nice parts, but I stopped giving them my business after the Harry Reid debacle. Check out the ACE stocks, they are top notch.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The problem you're gonna have with those stocks is changing the rear trunnion and/or cuting notches in the receiver.

If you are set on a folder i'd do this as it's easy and sturdy.

images

images

images

All 3 pictures are of dracos with an ace folding mechanism with either a buffer tube end for AR type stocks or the standard end for their regular stocks. No need to drill rivets, replace trunions, re rivet, then duracoat at a crazy expense. All you need is to drill 2 holes. You can tap the holes, or you can drill through and secure with nuts.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    The problem you're gonna have with those stocks is changing the rear trunnion and/or cuting notches in the receiver.

If you are set on a folder i'd do this as it's easy and sturdy.

All 3 pictures are of dracos with an ace folding mechanism with either a buffer tube end for AR type stocks or the standard end for their regular stocks. No need to drill rivets, replace trunions, re rivet, then duracoat at a crazy expense. All you need is to drill 2 holes. You can tap the holes, or you can drill through and secure with nuts.

+1. For SBR Dracos really the Ace stocks are the best option, the trunnion and receiver work isn't worth the trouble in most cases.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Gents this is going to be a traditional AK..... I have a garage full of milling machines, and tools.... I just need to know whos used underfolders and whos done the gunsmithing to them...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I suggest this then: Get a yugo M92 kit, a nodak spud receiver and an ak100 sidefolder. The reason i suggest this, is you're doing twice as much work to turn a draco into a krinkov, when you could just buy a Krinkov and save yourself the headache.

images

A draco SBR is cheap an easy. Kind of a poor man's krinkov (which is why i can afford one). If you have all the stuff to do it right, then why reverse engineer an already put together gun to turn it into something it wasn't meant to be? It would be easier to start from scratch and end up with a better/more valuable product (with an even shorter barrel)

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Well I have been eying the underfolder kit from KVAR but I am getting 50/50 on the reviews of a underfolder. Anybody have experince with underfolders? I know it is bad stockweld, but are bulgarian underfolder stocks sturdy?

I found blue prints to install the left side folder and it actually doesnt look that bad, but Ill run it by my Dad who is awesome with his tools.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Underfolders look better, that is about all they do better than the side fold stuff. For a vanilla folder I like the AMD, it seems the most stable and with some paracord it is sort of comfortable.

In general though a folding stock is really only useful for storage. It does make it real handy for throwing behind the seat of the truck though.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Some Draco's already have underfolder trunnions on them so if you have one of the underfolder trunnions on your Draco you can just drill/mill out the receiver. Underfolders have the same rivet hole locations as the pistol trunnions. If you have a pistol trunnion you can replace it fairly easily if you have the ability to replace the rivets and then drill/mill the receiver. The rest is just a matter of getting the underfolder and hardware and installing it. It really isn't very difficult but you have to be careful, measure, re-measure, and take your time. A friend of mine did one with my help, in my garage, so he could use my tools and equipment. Hopefully some of my buddies buy tools of their own that I can use soon.:):
    If you go the route of a traditional stock or traditional sidefolder like a Romanian it will need new rivet holes, old holes filled, and and receiver refinished (much more work). The underfolder is a good choice. The one we installed on my buddys Draco was very sturdy and the one on my M70 is also very sturdy. In my opinion the downfalls of an underfolder are: not the best cheek weld, a bit awkward to deploy (but you get used to it), and it can't be folded/unfolded with a 45rd mag or drum mag installed. Overall if you want to keep the traditional look:yesway:, and stay away from the "tacticool" M4 type and ACE stocks, your instincts are leading you in the right direction with the underfolder:yesway:

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a Bulgarian uf on my Yugoslav m70 (couldn't find a Yugoslav uf..) and it's not bad, and mine is very used. Once funds for paperwork allow I will be sbring my Draco how I added my uf to my romy g kit a while ago. I riveted in the trunion as normal, drilled a big hole in the side of the receiver so I'd hit the big hole in the trunion, then with a little patience and a dremel tool made the receiver match the trunion. It was pretty painless. I'm a big fan of my uf stocks. I wrap some paracord around the stock where it hits my cheevk and I'm good to go! Good luck!

Top Bottom