• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have an AK refinish and no clue who can potentially do it, I don't even know what finishes are available. Can you please suggest who can possibly help me with refinishing.
    If you are interested in cerakote there are several options locally. Some good sources

There are several other folks here who do it as well.

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    Just do it yourself...

Disassemble the gun, degrease it with brake cleaner, heat it up in the oven then use Rustoleum appliance paint, do a light coat from about 12 inches apart let it air dry for 30 minutes then repeat 2 more times and then bake in the oven at 400 degrees to cure the paint of if you dont wanna do that let it air dry for a few days...

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just do it yourself...

Disassemble the gun, degrease it with brake cleaner, heat it up in the oven then use Rustoleum appliance paint, do a light coat from about 12 inches apart let it air dry for 30 minutes then repeat 2 more times and then bake in the oven at 400 degrees to cure the paint of if you dont wanna do that let it air dry for a few days...
    Is using your wife's oven to refinish a firearm considered "Suicide by wife"?

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    I actually have a garage stove that does not get used very frequently, but could be if she catches you hahaha...
    When the paint dries to touch and you throw it in the oven it can release some fumes however if you have an outside stove it's not that noticable...

Top Bottom