Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That dude picked the wrong forum to screw with... :ingo:

VUPDblue, you're my friggin' hero. I can't rep you enough for all the work you put in getting this situation resolved successfully. And thanks to everyone else who helped out, as well.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Good work guys as one of the MGO people (rsf) yes there are a lot of IDIOTS there but a lot more good ones/

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Thanks to all who helped resolve this for us.
    I counted any $ as lost to a scam and am thankful that now the $ will go to a worthy charity.

It is incredible what a few knuckleheads on the interweb can accomplish when they stand together.

Imagine what 5000 members and growing can do in the future. It isn't just the rich and elite that can make a difference in this country.

I am glad to be here and proud to call most of you brothers in arms.

Welcome to our Michigan guests!

40cal and VUPD thanks for all of your help outing this scam. It is a shame someone would have to stoop that low, instead of just asking for help.

Thanks again!

Chris

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks VUPDblue

Thanks VUPDblue , you are definetly a credit to INGO.
    There is one thing that lingers in my mind. Longrange would have gotten more money if he sold his rifle than he got selling raffle tickets.:dunno:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    VUPD - repped! Nice, nice job.

Actions by lowlifes, once exposed, tend to harden us and make us unduly skeptical. The diligence with which you pursued this and the ensuing generosity of those fleeced - well, that turns skeptical thoughts into positive ones.

A bad apple or two everywhere but the vast majority of "us" are ok. :) Again, nicely done.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    :+1: To VUPDblue, I would like to thank you for your time and effort in this, It is Mods like you that make INGO a great place to be. Thank you again. :rockwoot: :mods: :thumbsup:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There is one thing that lingers in my mind. Longrange would have gotten more money if he sold his rifle than he got selling raffle tickets.:dunno:

that's assuming there WAS a rifle...

IIRC a member stated that before the raffle, he seen the rifle in question. So there was a rifle, but selling it and "raffling" it off would mean more $ than just selling it.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Good job by oldfb and 40cal to make vupd aware and handle the situation.

Also +1 to all the original members that got screwed but still donated the money to a worthy family/cause.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    In the OP's for the raffle he covered his lyin tush by explaining that his buddy had an "identical" rifle that would be available for purchase. I tend to believe now that his original post was always intended to be a scam. I also ask everyone to check and see if there were other similar scams on any other boards they are members of. Personaly I don't believe this was all a big oops things got bad for me event.

After reading all his BS stories I have to say that he is quite a piece of work and probably deserves all the bad karma he appears to be experiencing.

Thanks again and stay safe!

hipower

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Hey, welcome! I hope we don't have bad blood or forum wars between the two boards. Admittedly, it must have been weird to have members of another board coming on to yours to ask about potential fraud from someone who was not even one of your members.

He was our member and he slandered y'all in order to defraud us. We appreciate your help and apologize for our one guy and his actions that sadly drew you MGO guys into the situation.

Glad to see you guys have a very active shooting community up there. We can use all the patriots and friends of liberty we can get.

:patriot:

Thanks to all for the welcome:)

I won't dwell on it any longer, and certainly you have nothing to apologize for due to the actions of one errant member.

One good thing, I've found another great gun site:D

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Nice job everyone that was nice enough to donate their money to this great cause. Wish i knew each person, God Bless you All!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    God bless all that were involved in this, And a big +1 to all those members that gave the money they lost to this good cause, The Idiot that started all this should have to meet that donation, and send it along too. Thanks again to all you that gave time and money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom