• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    A buddy of mine has a TGI Knox sporter 75. Its Romanian made. Which leads me to beleive its similar to a WASR10/63. My question to the AK gurus out there is how similar is it? I've checked it over and it doesnt appear that to have the common problems such as mag wobble or canted sights. A regular WASR without problems seems almost identical. Heres a pic I pulled off the internet that has the same markings of the TGI Knox Sporter 75. I searched :ingo: for info on these guns and found none, hence the new thread.

2i5boz.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well, with out more or better pics it looks like that is a Romanian "G" kit, rebuilt on a new (and dimple-less) receiver.

You see the "C" on the rear sight block? thats actually probably a "G", which were Romanian Guard rifles (like our national guard). They are semi auto only, and there were a crap ton of then cut up into kits, with a large number being shipped here. They have been available for years in the US (the kits).

anyway thats just my theory.

Other than that, they are probably exactly like a WASR. Imported with a single stack mag opening that TGI opens up before they sell them.

Clay

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Hey Clay hows that SA M-7? And most correct you are. Was assembled by TGI on their US made receiver. Better quality than Century arms WASR series. But still...a stamped run of the mill AK47.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I believe the correct designation is "md 75 sporter" atlantic firearms used to sell them. The sold for around $450 a couple of years ago. You should be able to find plenty of info just by typing md 75 sporter in google.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Hey Clay hows that SA M-7?

Um, pretty freakin awesome!

Its a tack driver, and a very nice shooter! Its my first milled AK, and I love it. Granted, I don't know when/if Ill buy another milled (maybe a good deal on a SLR 95), but every AK nut should have at least 1! ;)

Top Bottom