Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I blame it on ethanol. Here's why:
    1) Ethanol is made from corn.
    2) Pigs eat corn.
    3) Price of corn is higher because of the demand created by ethanol production.
    4) Pigs are more expensive to feed.
    5) Since pigs are more expensive to feed, the price of bacon goes up.
    6) Everyone knows that gun owners (to include gun dealers and private sellers) love bacon. :bacondance:
    7) Gun dealers and private sellers have to raise their prices in order to be able to afford bacon.

It's just that simple.

There has been a lot of good information posted up in this thread on rising prices, but this is probably the best explination of all. I don't know why it is in purple:laugh:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    I've noticed a rise in price as well. I picked mine up for $535 including tax. My friend who got one about 3 months ago. When we went hunting for his AKM, we literally called every single gun shop in central Indiana, and there were none of them left at all. We finally found [one] in Greenwood for $671. Rather than waiting for who knows how long, we just grabbed it while the iron was hot.

But yeah, I seen a general rise in price by about $70-120 on average.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Is it just me or has everyone else seen a major rise in AK prices? I was recently at a local gun store and saw a WASR10 for $569. This shop is known for having ridiculous prices, but just three months ago WASR10s set there at a reasonable $450. But then, I stopped in a shop in Booneville this week and saw another one for $569.

Is everyone seeing these prices or is it just my area?

For what it's worth, I prefer my AKs come in Sporter configuration from Saiga and I convert them. Still very reasonable to do pricewise and gives you a great AK (although I'm not seeing as many x39s showig up around here).

WASRs at Dunham's are $429 in this weeks flyer.

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I just picked up my WASR 10 for $535 after tax as well. I think the days of AK's for $300 are over for now. And with every AR company coming out with rifles that will fire 7.62x39 i would expect the price of ammo to rise as well.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I blame it on ethanol. Here's why:
    1) Ethanol is made from corn.
    2) Pigs eat corn.
    3) Price of corn is higher because of the demand created by ethanol production.
    4) Pigs are more expensive to feed.
    5) Since pigs are more expensive to feed, the price of bacon goes up.
    6) Everyone knows that gun owners (to include gun dealers and private sellers) love bacon. :bacondance:
    7) Gun dealers and private sellers have to raise their prices in order to be able to afford bacon.

It's just that simple.

Bacon is truly an awesome force in the universe. We must harness this power for good.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Maybe the newbies associate a WASR with the lowest price, and just look there for an entry level rifle. For the recent price of a WASR I can have an M70AB2, a much better weapon. There's one in classifieds for $575 as we write.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i still feel like i got molested when i say i paid 380 for my saiga.. (in it's unglorious, sporterized, form).. now im seeing 500+ for em and 700+ for unconverted 12 ga? h to the no.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Wait it out folks, don't panic buy.

J&G has Hungarian AMD's for $409, if you get a friend to go in with you for more than one, then they are $399.95 each. Their shipping is very reasonable plus with a cheap transfer fee, it still beats most local deals.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Haha! The picking has been done for awhile now, I just had problems getting over a WASR10 with a $569 price on it:laugh:

If it makes you feel better, I constantly annoy my wife with what she calls "Grandfather Mode". You know, it starts with "When I was a boy this cost...." and ends "...is ridiculous these days".

I think I drove her nuts at the state fair a few years back with things like "When I was a boy you got a ride bracelet for $5 and could ride everything all day! These ticket prices are ridiculous!" and that's when she coined the term.

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gun prices are just like everything else it seems, I remeber when I bought my AK I paid 275 for it at the gun store, now like everyone says they are going for 500+ now, It seems like everything is getting higher and higher in price and its making the average guy work even harder to get no where in life,

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I guess that romy kit I got for $300 isn't such a bad deal now a days. I probably put that much in new parts and labor but it's a brand new gun at least in my mind anyway.

mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    I spoke with my local dealer yesterday and he mentioned the (dealer ) wholesale cost on almost every firearm had gone up a considerable amount. It is not price gouging going on by the dealers. Maybe the importers .

Top Bottom