• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    It's an AK who cares, go buy a WASR or other sub $500 commie gun and call it good. Buy some mags and a case of ammo.
    I have a $370 GP75 yes a Century gun that has been flawless through more than a few cases of ammo and classes. It shoots well enough to score a Rifleman score at an Appleseed with a little bit of coaxing. Just don't tell my Century AK that it does not have a chrome lined barrel, or that I have shot thousands of corrosive rounds through the same barrel, and that it was not made in Russia. It does not know the difference.

I bought mine last Dec to run for a year as I went on an AR hiatus to truly learn about the AK and give it a fair chance. I thought I don't want to spend too much on one because I will not like it anyway. Well come Dec 31 will be 1 year and I plan to keep my cheap AK I may send it to Rifle Dynamics for a spruce up. But an AK will now be my go to rifle. Don't think you have to settle. Just be sure to buy something you can afford and can afford to shoot often. I see so many people with high dollar guns and all kinds of crap hanging off of them and they can't afford to take a training class or buy ammo for a day at the range. A $400 class and case of ammo will do you better than a new quad rail and vertical fore grip with flashlight in it.

Either way good luck and have fun.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    The performance of this Saiga is nothing to sneer at:

I don't know how the 7.62 Saigas will shoot, but I would guess as well if not slightly better than any other AK.

I have to +1 :yesway: this.
    Here is a pic of a 100 yard and a 140-150 yard target, I neglected to document the round used, but I think it was 9121/73 Norinco should i mention this Saiga is an SGL and I used a 4x24 Zenit optic, NO wind This is the best Ive ever shot with my ak. I like to show these trophy's when I hear someone question how accurate one can be with the SAIGA platform.

Excuse the upside down images... and the thread jack
    Check out these groups, I shot very slow and steady,I used an ammo box and mag bag as support. Target on the top was the first target I set up with my new optics, as you can see it only took 3 shots to dial it in once it was in it was on!!

I shot a little faster on the bottom target but still look at that grouping on the left side!!:rockwoot:
    k.jpg

Point, get what you want not what you will "settle" for, there are a few Ak's within your budget look hard and research properly.
    I would recommend the newest SAIGA conversions, all you would need to do to make this a fine rifle is replace the stock, trigger group, etc, and eventually the muzzle break, a little cheaper than the SGL package. Or keep it as is and buy allot of ammo to go with er.. They are Russian and can be made more....Russian:D
    Enough said cant go wrong with that.
    Another place to look for a variety of AK's is AK files forum, there are tons of custom AK's for sale right now as well as a few unissued CUGIR PSL's

I will not excuse your thread jack.......

I will rep you for it however:smileak:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Decide what you want...47 or 74 and spend about $450 or so. Or start with a Saiga and spend even less. Take your other $150 to $200 and buy mags and ammo. Then you can decide if you like it or not. If you don't like it you can sell it and not lose much money if any.

This is what I did. I read a lot for about a year and decided I wanted a 74 after a short affair with a Draco pistol. Of course I would love to have a more expensive Arsenal or whatever but right now it's not worth the extra $400 it would cost me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom