• ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    IXrFOpp.jpg

My first AK. Needed some diversity in my rifles... :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I honestly have a headache from trying to figure that out. I saw the excellent finish and the vented gas tube and thought, "what a nice Mac90". Then I noticed the barrel nut and thought, "maybe it's a Polytech". Then I noticed no bayo lug and my head really started throbbing. Once I added in the furniture to the equation I may have had a brain hemmorage.

Ive never seen one in the wild but they do look good. I would have recognized it had I only noticed the mag release.
    thanks for tonight's confusion

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    What are some good steel cased magazines I should be looking at? I know people like the magpul stuff, and on my AR, I love magpul too... but for my AK I want wood and metal.
    Look for east European combloc surplus. I think the gerneral consensus is the Korean mags are junk. Chinese mags are great but demand a premium due to trade restrictions.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've got one of those! Smoothest AK I've ever felt and has shut several people up who question the accuracy of the AK platform. I Love my rifle you will too!
    I tell you want, you didn't mess around when buying your first AK!!! Nice rifle! ;)

:yesway:Thanks! One, of many, features that made this decision easy was the stock that is a little longer as I am 6'5" and can appreciate that. I decided to go with the RS Regulate quick release side mount rail to hold the Hi-Lux CMR4-AKR762 1-4X24 optic with the red illumination. I can turn it up, down, or off. It also has night vision settings should I choose to go that route. The glass quality it top notch! I was quite impressed.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    updated the mak90. A friend of mine recently bought his first ak and didn't like the how short the was, he's a BIG guy, and the dragunov style fiberforce stock that was on my mak (see previous pic) fit much better so after a little fitting on both stock sets we got them to fit our guns. I didn't care much for the peg style grip so I ordered a magpul grip and decided to try out the ALG AKT trigger as well. The akt trigger is the best ak trigger ive ever felt! The Chinese trigger that was originally in my gun felt really smooth, having 1500 rounds from the previous owner and about another 500 from me, but out of the box the akt feels a few steps above the old trigger. Future plans for this rifle includes adding an ultimak railed gas tube for adding an optic and hopefully rethreading the barrel.

5F0783EA-077F-49EE-A0BA-0E5CDA5B93E1.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom