• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    On sheer firepower alone, Airwolf takes this race by a country mile!

Blue Thunder has only a 20mm cannon; however, Airwolf has TWO 30mm cannons and .50 BMG Chain gun (×4) firing up to 40 rounds per sec. AGM-12 Bullpup missiles (×2), AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles (×12), AIM-95 Agile missiles (×4), AGM-45 Shrike missiles, M712 Copperhead shells, FIM-43 Redeye missiles, AGM-65 Maverick missiles, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles.

The only time when I thought Blue Thunder was uber cool was when they dropped it into "whisper mode" and used the thermal imaging to watch a couple going at it. :D

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    According to this website, Airwolf wins:

Airwolf vs Blue Thunder - Den of Geek

As a point of trivia:
    Postscript: After The Productions Ended

The sad fact is that Airwolf no longer exists. Only one real chopper was made for this production, and after the end of the show it was returned to its original appearance and sold to a German company. The Bell 222 was then modified to be an air ambulance, until in 1991 it crashed during a thunderstorm, killing all three people on board. A number of fans have since started to convert another Bell 222 into a static replica, a salute to this bygone TV star.

Anyone visiting the MGM studios attached to Disney World in Florida prior to 2005 might have seen what’s left of two Blue Thunder mock-ups used in the TV show, as they rotted on the Disney backlot. Where these have been taken is unknown.

For the movie two Blue Thunder helicopters where fashioned, one main and a backup. One of these was sold to a helicopter salvage company after the TV show folded, and after being hired for a number of productions was ultimately dismantled and sold for spares. This was also the destiny of second Blue Thunder, so disappointingly from either franchise not one single helicopter actually survived.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Blue Thunder

Because it was the first movie, out side a theater, I saw with surround sound. At the age of 18 years old, it rocked my world and I new that I would some day be a surround sound aficionado

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I wonder what started this thread?
    ScratchHead.gif

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t_famous_firearm_in_movies-5.html#post1057772

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Blue Thunder, I think Airwolf is just a Bell 222.
    Actually I think I'll stick with my,"Loach",OH-6 and XM-27 and M-60 backup. Highly maneuverable fast and deadly. ...... I know
    Hey Vince, You still fly?

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Unfortunately I had two heart attacks(MI's) the first in 1998 and the second in 2000 and am now permanently medically disqualified. :noway: :cool:
    Well that sucks, me on the other hand can still get a medical but probably could not afford to taxi to the numbers and back as high as the rentals are.

Top Bottom