• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Shooting 10 meter air pistol or air rifle is a great way to learn to "follow through" with your shots. We get a lot of cross-over bullseye pistol and high power rifle shooters at our matches.

BTW, does anyone have any comments on the Ruger air rifle? It looks pretty nice, but I've never shot or handled one.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Shooting 10 meter air pistol or air rifle is a great way to learn to "follow through" with your shots. We get a lot of cross-over bullseye pistol and high power rifle shooters at our matches.

BTW, does anyone have any comments on the Ruger air rifle? It looks pretty nice, but I've never shot or handled one.

Check out the reviews at: Ruger Air Hawk Combo. Air rifles - PyramydAir.com

62 reviews with an avg of 4 1/2 Stars out of Five.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Three pages on air rifles, looks like a bit of interest in this subject. How about a Air rifle Rendezvous, like the old fashion Muzzleloader ones. We can use one of the centrally located gun clubs (all we need is a 25 yd bay). I'm thinking several types of shooting competitions (informal plinking: Life Savers, Lollipops, etc; Field Targets, and Silhouette.

Winner gets bragging rights. Of course a cookout to follow and with drooling over someone else piece (air rifle that is).

Any interest?

Of course we'll do this when it gets warmer; Mar or Apr 2011.

Last edited:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have used spring and C02 guns for trigger control. You can get a spring or co2 pistol in almost or the exact model of gun you may carry. I found a spring gun that is almost identical to my carry tokarev. They are fun and functional training tools. Soon every member of my family will have an airsoft pistol and then it will be "family airsoft war" night on saturdays:D

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have a Gamo Shadow 1000 .177. Rated @ 1,000 fps .. shots around 900 fps. I replaced the Factory Trigger with an after market GRT -III. WOW what a difference. The biggest issue with Gamos is their triggers. The GRT is $30.00. Well worth the price.

Yea the factory Gamo triggers on both of my Gamo's were super-gritty, at least when I first took them out of the box, however they did smooth out nicely after 500 or so pellets had been put through them though.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Yea the factory Gamo triggers on both of my Gamo's were super-gritty, at least when I first took them out of the box, however they did smooth out nicely after 500 or so pellets had been put through them though.

Great point. On Springers it takes ~ 500 - 1000 rounds to break in the gun. I changed my trigger out after 1K rounds and the GRT-III still made a huge difference. Take about 5 minutes to replace the trigger.

Top Bottom