• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    besides the obvious technical differences which do you prefer? I am in the market for a new red dot. I am familiar with the Eotech platform but new to the Aimpoint. I have read great things about both and know that each have their own individual benefits.

Which is easier or more user friendly in regards to target acquisition?

Which will take the most beating?

Interested in opinions from those who have experience with both sights.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Both optics are outstanding. In fact, we are very fortunate to be able to debate this topic, and you will not go wrong with either choice.

I have used both and they both will take a severe beating. They both have easy acquisition on target which is essential.

You can research and compare cost, battery life, weight, field of view, water resistance, ability to hold zero.....etc. and figure out what works best for your needs.

Having said that my choice is aimpoint!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Which is easier or more user friendly

IMO the controls and switchology of the Aimpoint is superior.

in regards to target acquisition?

Some rave about the donut-dot of the EOTech. I don't have any problem with the single dot of the Aimpoint.

I'll be T&Eing an EOTech XPS against my Aimpoint H1 in the near future and will have a much better idea then.

Which will take the most beating?

IMO, Aimpoint.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Both optics are outstanding. In fact, we are very fortunate to be able to debate this topic, and you will not go wrong with either choice.

I have used both and they both will take a severe beating. They both have easy acquisition on target which is essential.

You can research and compare cost, battery life, weight, field of view, water resistance, ability to hold zero.....etc. and figure out what works best for your needs.

Now that's a quality post. ;).

I just got MY aimpoint pro yesterday. Looks nice but ts a lot bigger than the xps. So far I haven't had the chance to run the Pro, but I personally liked the eotech doughnut over my vortex sparc's dot.

Picked up the Pro based on price and battery life.

But like stated before you can't go wrong with either. Both are tough as nails and great choices the only place that Aimpoint has a clear advantage is battery life.

Shane White

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Having used both in various rifle drills & practice, I prefer the Eotech. I feel like I have a better field of view & the Eotech is lower profile. My $0.02.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It comes down to strictly preferance. Both are rock solid performers, and will serve you well. I have both on Aimpoints and Eotechs on a variety of rifles. Both are performers, hold zero, and will take a serious beating. If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd say Eotech. Spend the extra couple of bucks though, and buy the EXPS model. Buttons are on the side (better if you run a magnifier), and it has a throw lever mount that puts your irons in the lower !/3 of the screen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I have roughly a thousand round down the tube with my aimpoint pro and it has started listing about 4 inches to the left at 50 yards. Im hoping to get around to changing the mount to my LaRue as im hoping its the shoddy mount that comes with the Aimpoint Pro. All the reviews i've read has led me to believe it's not so much the dot, as it is the mount.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have roughly a thousand round down the tube with my aimpoint pro and it has started listing about 4 inches to the left at 50 yards. Im hoping to get around to changing the mount to my LaRue as im hoping its the shoddy mount that comes with the Aimpoint Pro. All the reviews i've read has led me to believe it's not so much the dot, as it is the mount.

I would almost bet money the problem lies in the mount. A Larue CCO should definitely correct that. When I buy a new optic, the first thing I usually do is give Larue a call for a mount.

jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    thanks everybody, all you're input is greatly appreciated. I think I need to try the aimpoint before I purchase. In regards to the mount issue...every thing I have read people say to put a larue mount.

Thanks again

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    How many $ will one of these run a guy. I'm asking because I have a 3x9 scope on my slug that got moisture inside; looking to get optic but can't decide on a red dot or another scope.

Top Bottom