• Which optic?

• Total voters

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I'm sending back my second Trijicon MRO after both units had multiple issues straight from the factory. I want to replace it with an optic that has a solid reputation and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to these two optics. I've found the M4s for $668 and the T-2 for $625, so the price difference isn't really an issue. The optic will be going on the rifle below. Also open to other suggestions.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Curious, what issues with the MRO did you have?

Optical shift, ghosting, uneven magnification (on what's supposed to be a 1x). These issues were easily noticeable on both units. If you get on arfcom you'll see these issues recurring throughout all the serial numbers, not just a select few. Some people get a great unit, while others get a turd.

Just another rds that Trijicon fails to launch without significant issues.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Optical shift, ghosting, uneven magnification (on what's supposed to be a 1x). These issues were easily noticeable on both units. If you get on arfcom you'll see these issues recurring throughout all the serial numbers, not just a select few. Some people get a great unit, while others get a turd.

Just another rds that Trijicon fails to launch without significant issues.

That's a shame. I really wanted to like the SRS but the first few I looked through there was ghosting and glare issues. I'm sure they've since figured it out but still.

I really wanted to like the MRO too, still might get one in the future. I like all my Trijicons and have faith that they'd make it right, would just be nice if the QC was tighter and not have to worry about it.

I'll give you $100 for the MRO since it's a turd

:)

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    T2 all the way. I have the h1, was significantly cheaper and got a good deal on it past the normal price difference, I'm not scuba diving or running nvg's but I really prefer the size over the slightly bulkier trijicon options. That's a shame the mro has issues

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That's a shame. I really wanted to like the SRS but the first few I looked through there was ghosting and glare issues. I'm sure they've since figured it out but still.

I really wanted to like the MRO too, still might get one in the future. I like all my Trijicons and have faith that they'd make it right, would just be nice if the QC was tighter and not have to worry about it.

I'll give you $100 for the MRO since it's a turd

:)

I think they just dumped the SRS line but i could be wrong. Trijicon should not make red dots outside the RMR. Its just not what they are good at.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    T2 unless you want to use a magnifier now or possibly in the future.

I have to agree with the others that I'm disappointed in the launch of the MRO and it's performance. I really love Trijicon, and have faith they will make it right though.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    While the T-2 is sweet, I vote the Comp M4 for the above reason of later magnification. I'm still running the old M68/CompM2, only because the thing won't die so I can buy an M4.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Micro for me also. I don't notice much difference in performance between the micro and the comp, but I like the weight savings. I'd also say if magnifier was a possibly, maybe the comp instead.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Micro for me also. I don't notice much difference in performance between the micro and the comp, but I like the weight savings. I'd also say if magnifier was a possibly, maybe the comp instead.

No magnifier in the foreseeable future. If I need to go out that far, I'll grab another one of my ARs (that isn't an SBR) with an ACOG or Viper PST 1-4x.

I vote other.

Aimpoint Pro.

Quality at a fair price.

Not that I plan on destroying the optic, but I'd like something with a little more durability.

My vote is a mini-ACOG. Fits right into your price range. Just an option to think about.

Having a hard time finding any of them in stock for less than $900.

Any others to consider before I purchase another T-2? Anybody running an M21 or an RX34?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've used both of those, and I personally hate how they wash out under certain (albeit) extreme lighting conditions. That said, both have a long track record of reliable service in the hands of brave men fighting with them.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    No magnifier in the foreseeable future. If I need to go out that far, I'll grab another one of my ARs (that isn't an SBR) with an ACOG or Viper PST 1-4x.

Not that I plan on destroying the optic, but I'd like something with a little more durability.

Having a hard time finding any of them in stock for less than $900.

Any others to consider before I purchase another T-2? Anybody running an M21 or an RX34?

You realize the Pro is essentially a ML3-2moa, which is pretty much a battle proven RDS.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    You realize the Pro is essentially a ML3-2moa, which is pretty much a battle proven RDS.

Nothing against the PRO. I have one (have owned 3) on my suppressed .308 SBR and it's never let me down. I'd even argue that it's the best bang for the buck in quality optics. All that said, it's still not an M4s or a T-2.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I think they just dumped the SRS line but i could be wrong. Trijicon should not make red dots outside the RMR. Its just not what they are good at.

Slight thread jack: any word on a Sparc type model with increased battery life being worked on? As it stands, the Sparc needs a change of batteries every 3 months or so instead of 3 years or more on an aimpoint. From the looks of things they are quite durable, but the electronics aren't advanced enough.

Top Bottom