• AI, Great Friend or Dangerous Foe?

• Total voters

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    1. Robots to make things cheaper than average workers, let alone union workers.

2. Make lots of things.

3. Robots to load ships of junk we’re exporting, instead of importing.

4. Cue the “I haven’t used my legs in years” movie line.

Poof, we’re out of debt.
    Poof massive unemployment, nobody working to pay taxes, no tax money coming in, more printing of $$$$. $85 trillion debt.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Terminators…
    Yes. The iRobot company is secretly making money by selling the addresses they are shipped to to the feds along with uploading the maps of your floorplan and pictures of any changes you make to your floorplan etc. It is never ending!

If I owned a iRobot, which I don't, I would take it out in the front yard and shoot it in the back as it tried to get away.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Terminators…
    *Puts on nerd hat

iRobot would be more relevant to Printcraft's post, as the intention is for people to buy "domestic servant" robots to act as mechanical butlers. Terminators were purpose built for, well, terminatin'. Military drones vs. your household bipedal roomba.

*takes off nerd hat

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    *Puts on nerd hat

iRobot would be more relevant to Printcraft's post, as the intention is for people to buy "domestic servant" robots to act as mechanical butlers. Terminators were purpose built for, well, terminatin'. Military drones vs. your household bipedal roomba.

*takes off nerd hat
    Ok to clarify, I was talking about the movie. I completely forgot there is a company called "iRobot". Either we are dealing with predictive programming, or technology executives are some of the biggest morons walking this plane.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm betting the battery life on those robots is short relative to their strength/speed. I can see them doing some light tasks, but heavier stuff is going to wait for the next great condensation of power.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Exciting and scary. I doubt that one could mow my lawn, edge and trim to my satisfaction. Would I trust one to do my reloading? I'll be long gone before one is developed to the point of being able to do anything requiring human dexterity.

Top Bottom