9MM4.jpg

hi2.jpg

Yuh huh!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    G2 Triggers are pretty decent...

I suspect that smitty would be referring to adding the Crapco stock on the back end instead of doing a real conversion. And that, by definition, would NOT include the G2....

I won't trash anyone's choice - but if asked my opinion , a person is WAY better off to do the real conversion WITH the G2. Saint Mikey spins in his grave every time one of those half-aborted stocks get attached to a Saiga. The balance of the weapon is much better with the trigger group and grip in the place that Saint Mikey intended it to be. But, hey, if you want it to be where Clinton and the gun banners insist that it be imported at... to each their own.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    ACOGs are junk too. Hate when someone acts like it improves the value of their rifle by $100...

So buying a $1000 dollar Acog doesnt add any value to your rifle? You could take it off and sell it for $1000. or you could sell your rifle with the acog for an extra $1000, just not many people who usually have that kind of money and are looking for a rifle with an acog already on it. Most people i think buy a rifle, then look for scopes later on. From personal experience an acog is flat out awesome.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I suspect that smitty would be referring to adding the Crapco stock on the back end instead of doing a real conversion. And that, by definition, would NOT include the G2....

Ah, Makes sense. I don't think it's a "conversion" without putting the trigger back where it belongs. I consider slapping a Tapco stock on a Saiga on par with those Tapco'd out SKS's with duckbill mags.

Here's my "Tapco'd Saiga":

408711713.jpg

(G2 only :))

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I don't care what anybody does to their gun, as long as they like it and don't expect me to pay for it. I.E. A stippled up handgun. Works for you, does not work for me.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Very nice, Chezuki! Wish I had one that nice... Still licking my wounds after selling a couple of Saiga shotguns I did... :(

Side note: Adding aftermarket parts seldom gives a 100% return on investment... Converting a Saiga with a G2 may be close, only if you don't add quad rails and all of the goodies.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I don't care what anybody does to their gun, as long as they like it and don't expect me to pay for it. I.E. A stippled up handgun. Works for you, does not work for me.

Exactly. If it makes you happy then build that Swiss army AR just don't be offended when you ask 2k and I offer $850.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Hey, a gunsmith charges around $60 and hour shop rate. It took me 6 hours to install all that. Yes, it was a bit more time than a gunsmith could do it in but I took my time and did it right. Now let's take inflation into account. I've seen that rifle go from $8oo to $1600 in a little over a week and I've had it for three years. You are getting off cheap.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    What about LaRue, MAGPUL and Bravo Company? Do their aftermarket parts lower the price of the firearm? Just wondering?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    What about LaRue, MAGPUL and Bravo Company? Do their aftermarket parts lower the price of the firearm? Just wondering?

This is just my opinion but anything LaRue is an upgrade. Most Magpul is but I personally hate all the moe stuff. I feel that BC gear is a push. JMHO..

Top Bottom