• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I presume we are talking classified ads? In that case...

5 different junk holsters don't add value to your handgun "package" either. Always amazed when I see that in an ad. If any of the holsters were good, you would not have bought all the others. And on the rare chance that there is a good one in the bunch, I'm not interested in paying for the other 4.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    After market parts are not upgrades in general. I don't care what wiz-bang piece of crap it is. The manufacturer knew better than you do about how to build that firearm.

Getting really sick and tired of people taking perfectly reliable guns and compromising their safety and reliability with questionable components then claiming they upgraded it.

Your firearm is a system, the weakest point of that system is what defines it. Whether it's a wizbang lightened striker in a glock, or something that got drug through the chinese tactical booth.

ACOGs are junk too. Hate when someone acts like it improves the value of their rifle by $100...

What acog are you talking about? Optics aren't like "upgrades."

Good optics usually cost as much as the rifle or more, and their resale value is usually only a few dollars shy of their initial price.

Acogs generally run $950+/- on ebay right now, new or used. The TA31 anyway.

So if they'll throw one in with the rifle and it's legit... You can make $900 on that $100. Just take it off and sell it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I know I traded this guy for an AR with all that crap on it. I probably paid too much but at least I got the deal done. He did include all factory parts which I put back on the gun. I think I got like thirty or forty bucks for all the junk that I took off of it.

Amazing what people cobble together and say it is upgraded. Got to know what you are looking at or you could easily get screwed with a Frankin gun with bogus parts. Gunshows are a good place to go for a laugh.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know I traded this guy for an AR with all that crap on it. I probably paid too much but at least I got the deal done. He did include all factory parts which I put back on the gun. I think I got like thirty or forty bucks for all the junk that I took off of it.

Amazing what people cobble together and say it is upgraded. Got to know what you are looking at or you could easily get screwed with a Frankin gun with bogus parts. Gunshows are a good place to go for a laugh.

The main issue is, these people slap this crap on their rifles when they don't even know what it's for, much less have a use for it.

When purpose drives the need for an accessory, that's a different matter. But I don't think a bipod and a 5-20x $100 scope is a good idea for a 12 gauge smooth bore.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I don't understand why you guys care if I put accessories on my rifle and ask 1000 for MY bushmaster that I paid 600 for why other people care. If you don't want it. Don't buy it or reply to the ad

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I guess I just do not see the issue here. If I see something that is overpriced in MY eyes, I just skip it or try to reach an agreement. If someone sees their item being more valuable than I do, so be it.

Top Bottom